M. Franklin Dolwick, D.M.D., Ph.D.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Division Head
Director of Hospital Dentistry for Shands Healthcare
- D.M.D., University of Kentucky, 1971
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University, 1976
- Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical College of Virginia, 1976
Dr. Dolwick’s main areas of interest are (1) the surgical treatment of temporomandibular disorders including internal derangement, degenerative joint disease, hypermobility, ankylosis, fractures and pathology,(2) Surgical treatment of skeletal facial deformities including orthognathic surgery, distraction osteogenesis and reconstruction, (3) Craniofacial deformities including Craniofacial deformities and cleft lip and palate, (4) General oral surgery including removal of wisdom teeth, dentoalveolar surgery, odontogenic pathology, and facial fractures.
Dr. Dolwick’s current research interest is the management of temporomandibular joint internal derangement with arthrocentesis.
- Dolwick, MF.Discectomy as an Effective Treatment for Painful Temporomandibular Joint Internal Derangement:A 5-Year Clinical and Radiographic Follow-Up (Discussion)J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59:758-759, July 2001
- Dolwick, MF.Disc Preservation Surgery for the Treatment of Internal Derangements of the Temporomandibular Joint.J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59:1047-1050, September 2001.
- Bedrock,RD, Skigen, A, Dolwick, MF.Retrieval Of A Broken Needle In The Pterygomandibular Space.J Amer Dent Assoc, Vol.130,685-687, May 1999
- Dolwick, MF.Arthrocentesis for the Treatment of TMJ Closed Lock. Supplement to J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59: 2, August 2001
- Dolwick, MF. How to Manage the Multiply Operated TMJ Patient. Supplement to J Oral Maxillofac Surg 58:2, August 2000