The UF College of Dentistry launched “teledentistry” video appointments to provide emergency care and screen patients through the safe and secure platform, Zoom. This allows patients to remain at home for screening and appropriate management, which may or may not require a followup face-to-face visit. Enabling the teledentistry appointments allows the college to preserve PPE supplies, and to support the current directives for social distancing.
Request a Video Appointment
- Video appointments are currently for emergency care only
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Cost: $40
- Video appointments are held on a safe and secure Protected Health Information-approved Zoom network to protect patient privacy.
Video Appointments Can Help If You Have:
- Swelling either inside or outside the mouth and jaw
- Large, fast growing swelling that affects your eye or your ability to breathe
- An adult tooth that has been knocked out of place or lost as a result of trauma
- Uncontrolled bleeding from your mouth
- Severe dental pain that is not manageable with over-the-counter or prescription medications
- Pain after we removed a tooth
- Dental treatment required before critical medical procedures, such as a transplant or radiation therapy of the head and neck
- Biopsy of suspected cancer
If you are having trouble breathing or believe that you have a life threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.