Naples Transition – NCEF Pediatric Dental Center
The UF College of Dentistry and Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida have announced a change in the administrative management at the NCEF Pediatric Dental Center. Since opening in December 2008, the center’s operations have been coordinated through a collaboration between Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida and the University of Florida College of Dentistry. Healthcare Network handled operational and clinical administration of the dental center, and UFCD faculty directed the educational and clinical program that provides comprehensive care for children in Collier County.
Beginning January 1, 2019, Healthcare Network will transition the administration of the dental center over to UFCD, as Healthcare Network will turn its focus to the Nichols Community Health Center, a new project that will enhance medical and dental health services offered to the community.
UFCD will continue to provide the same comprehensive oral health care services and educational programs, and will take over the operational aspects of the center as well. The dental center will remain on the Collier Campus of Florida SouthWestern State College where it has been since its inception.
- The dental center is not moving. UFCD will continue to provide the same dental services and educational programs at the Florida SouthWestern State College location.
- There will be no changes to the current program until December 31, 2018. If your child has a scheduled appointment between now and then, you don’t need to take any action.
- To continue your care with the program at the NCEF Pediatric Dental Center after January 1, you will need to transfer your records to UFCD. You may prefer to transfer your records to a different dental provider. In either case, please complete the Authorization for Release of Medical Records form and follow the instructions for mailing, or call the Healthcare Network at 239.658.3000.
- To transfer your records to UFCD, enter ‘UFCD, Attn: Chart Room, P.O. Box 100425, Gainesville, FL 32610-0425’ in Box 4 on the Authorization for Release of Medical Records form.
- If you need to schedule an appointment after January 1, 2019, please call 352.273.5953 or email email@example.com.
- Press Release
- Patient Letter
- HCN Authorization for Release of Medical Records Form
For Media Inquiries
Karen Rhodenizer, UF College of Dentistry
Communications; 352.273.5782 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabrielle O’Boyle, Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida
Marketing & Community Relations; 239.658.3116 or email@example.com