UFCD Teledentistry Consultations
- Teledentistry consultations are for emergency care only
- Teledentistry hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Teledentistry consultation cost: $30
Privacy Notice: All UF College of Dentistry teledentistry consultations are conducted over a safe and secure Protected Health Information-approved Zoom network to protect the privacy of our patients.
The UF College of Dentistry has launched a teledentistry consultation process to provide care and screen patients through the safe and secure platform, Zoom. This will allow patients to remain at home for screening and appropriate management, which may or may not require a face-to-face visit. Enabling the teledentistry consultations allows the college to preserve PPE supplies, and to support the directives for social distancing.
Dental residents provide a complete range of dental and oral health services for adults and children under faculty supervision.
St. Petersburg Dental Center Mission
Our 12-month certificate program is designed to provide advanced clinical and didactic training in all disciplines of general dentistry beyond the training received in dental school.
Patient treatment is frequently complex and challenging, with multiple opportunities for experience in dental implants, periodontal surgery, advanced prosthetics, oral surgery, and orthodontics. The faculty, which includes specialists from all the dental disciplines and general dentists, provide continuous coverage in the clinic. They also dedicate their time after hours to offer advice and guidance through seminars aimed at preparing the residents to face their first step after the program.
Seminars, literature reviews, case presentations, and treatment planning seminars are all part of the educational program. We are technologically capable to interact live with the other UFCD facilities. Via distance learning, students can take courses live from Gainesville throughout the year. All of the UFCD AEGD programs can engage actively in treatment planning sessions. Practice management is an integral part of the program. Adults and children requiring hospitalization for their dental care receive treatment from St. Petersburg residents in local hospitals.
In addition, the residents in the program have the opportunity to interact with the faculty of The Dawson Academy. Dr. Dawson invites our residents to attend his Seminar I and II on The Concept of Complete Dentistry. Faculty from the Center present lectures and hands-on workshops to our residents. The residents give case presentations to Dr. Dawson in the final months of the program.
Our facility also hosts numerous continuing education courses, in which our residents participate.
The Advanced Education in Dentistry (AEGD) program located at the St. Petersburg Dental Clinic is fully accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation.
At the completion of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program, the resident will be able to:
- Act as a primary care provider for individuals and groups of patients. This includes providing emergency and multidisciplinary comprehensive oral health care, providing patient-focused care that is coordinated by the general practitioner, directing health promotion and disease prevention activities, and using advanced dental treatment modalities
- Plan and provide multidisciplinary oral health care for a wide variety of patients, including patients with special needs
- Manage the delivery of oral health care by applying concepts of patient and practice management and quality improvement that are responsive to a dynamic health care environment
- Function effectively and efficiently in multiple health care environments within interdisciplinary health care teams
- Apply scientific principles to learning and oral health care which includes using critical thinking, evidence- or outcomes-based clinical decision-making, and technology-based information retrieval systems
- Utilize the values of professional ethics, lifelong learning, patient centered care, adaptability, and acceptance of cultural diversity in professional practice
- Understand the oral health needs of communities and engage in community service
The AEGD Program offers opportunities in:
- Advanced prosthetics
- Dental implants
- Hospital dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Pediatric dentistry