The Keys to Success Program at UF Health and the UF Academic Health Center is a year-long program for students pursuing a career in the health professions.
The primary goal of the program is for freshman and sophomore students at UF to develop meaningful relationships with UF Academic Health Center (AHC) faculty and students, thus creating a community that encourages academic and personal growth, wellness, and a sense of belonging.
This interprofessional program will require students to meet weekly to engage in academic preparation, social support, mentoring, and career exploration.
Students are required to meet on Tuesdays from 4:00-6:00pm bi-weekly to participate in career explorations with the Colleges of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and Health Professions and Veterinary Medicine.
Students in the program can expect:
- Explore numerous health professions including specialties within specific fields.
- Participate in a variety of workshops to learn about various aspects of the health professions.
Professional & Graduate School Preparation
- Engage in an academic enrichment curriculum that will include the following topics: financial management, academic support, career development, self-care and empowerment, professional presence, test preparation, and more.
Mentorship & Networking
- Benefit from impactful mentoring from other undergraduate students, professional students, and faculty throughout the K2S program.
- Attend required social activities throughout the semester to further build a safe place to form connections.
- Meet with their assigned mentor frequently to receive guidance along their academic and professional journey.
- Experience a sense of belonging and develop meaningful relationships with UF Health Science Center faculty and students.
Applying for Keys to Success
- The application for the 2023-2024 year is closed. Applications for the 2024-2025 cohort will open in Summer 2024.
Who is eligible to apply?
All students who meet the Keys to Success Program eligibility are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria:
- Must be enrolled in the University of Florida as a freshman or sophomore at the start of the Fall 2023 semester.
- Be a new participant to the Keys to Success Program (not previously participated).
- Eligible students have demonstrated a desire to work with underserved individuals in the health professions.
- Must be available to attend career exploration programing on Tuesdays 4:00-6:00pm Fall 2023 to Spring 2024.
Other factors for consideration:
- Applicant identifies as a first-generation health professional.
- Applicant’s parents and/or legal guardian did not receive graduate degrees in a Health Profession.
- The applicant is a Pell Grant recipient, Promise Student, or Machen Florida Opportunity Scholar.
- Applicant comes from an economically and/or educationally disadvantaged background.
- Applicant identifies as a Non-traditional student with less than 60 credits.
Health Professions at the University of Florida
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Public Health and Health Professions
- Veterinary Medicine