AEGD – Seminole
- Act as a primary care provider for individuals and groups of patients. This includes providing emergency and multidisciplinary comprehensive oral health care, providing patient-focused care that is coordinated by the General practitioner, directing health promotion and disease prevention activities, and using advanced dental treatment modalities.
- Be competent to fully evaluate the systemic and oral health of a wide variety of patients, including those with special needs, and to plan and provide multidisciplinary oral health care based upon a well-planned and sequenced treatment plan.
- Manage the delivery of oral health care by applying concepts of patients and practice management and quality improvement that are responsive to a dynamic healthcare environment.
- The resident will be competent to take complete responsibility for the patient’s comprehensive dental needs and coordinate treatment when other medical or dental healthcare providers are involved by functioning effectively in multiple healthcare environments within the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- The resident will be competent to apply scientific principles to learning and oral healthcare. This includes critical thinking, evidence or outcomes-based clinical decision making, and technology-based information retrieval systems.
- The resident will be competent to enter the dental profession, having a sound appreciation of dental professional ethics, lifelong learning, patient-centered care, adaptability, and acceptance of cultural diversity in professional practice, the needs of the community, and the importance of community service.
- Understand the oral health needs of communities and engage in community service.