Student Oral Surgery Clinic
Patients for the day are selected by a lottery system at 7:00 am (Monday-Friday).
(If you prefer to be treated in the afternoon, you must be here for the 7:00 am drawing)
The Student Oral Surgery Clinic is a walk-in facility that provides urgent care for adult patients in pain. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 years old can also be seen here when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If you have a toothache or facial swelling, you may be treated at the Student Oral Surgery Clinic even if you are not a current patient at the college’s clinics.
Clinic Contact Information
- Clinic Phone: (352) 273-6705
- Clinic Location:1395 Center Drive, D1-108, Gainesville, FL 32610
Wayfinding Map: Student Oral Surgery Clinic – #21
Fees and Payment
- $180.00 (includes exam, X-ray, and extraction of one simple tooth)
- Dental fees must be paid upon registration.
- The Student Oral Surgery Clinic accepts payment in the form of cash, check and credit card. No billing or payment arrangements can be made.
- The clinic accepts the following insurance: CMS and Medicaid. Medicaid patients must present proof of Medicaid (gold card or Social Security card with a picture ID).
If your problem should occur after 5:00 p.m., on a weekend, or on a date the clinic is closed, you should go to the emergency room at your nearest hospital and ask for the dentist on call. Please bring a list of all medications you are presently taking and the dosage.
Patients seeking extraction of multiple teeth, third molar/wisdom teeth extraction, IV sedation or any other procedure deemed not to be appropriate for a student will be examined with the aid of an X-ray and will be referred to patient screening for student assignment or the resident oral surgery clinic.
Patients requesting treatment with nitrous oxide sedation will be assessed an additional fee.
Children are not allowed in the clinical area. If you must bring a child under 12, he or she must remain with a responsible adult at all times.
Reduced-Fee Dental Care
UF College of Dentistry students and faculty participate in programs such as the We Care Physicians Network (352-334-7926).Such programs provide limited services for qualified individuals that may be reduced in fees.
Dental Records Request
All requests must include the following:
- Patient’s full name
- Date of birth
- Verification of Indentity (Driver’s License, ID Card, Passport, etc.)
- Name, address, and telephone number where the records are to be sent
- Purpose of the request
- Specific items or dates of service needed
- Any restrictions on the request
- Date of the request
- Signature of the patient or, if the patient is a child, the parent or guardian
- Date this authorization expires (authorizations must be less than one year old)
- If signed by a personal representative, a description of his/her authority to act for the individual and a copy of the document giving that authority.
Email request to:
Fax request to:
- (352) 273-5344
Mail request to:
- University of Florida – College of Dentistry
P.O. Box 100425
Gainesville, FL 32610-0425