Dr. Thomas L. Bowers
Thomas L. Bowers IV, D.M.D., M.D., F.A.C.S.
Clinical Assistant Professor, Undergraduate Program Director
- Clinic Phone: (352) 273-6731
- E-mail: TBowers@dental.ufl.edu
- D.M.D., University of Florida 1984
- M.D., Mayo Medical School 1998
- Certificate, General Practice Residency, University of Florida 1985
- Internship, General Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, 1999
- Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, 2000
- Dentoalveolar Surgery (extractions, wisdom teeth, oral pathology) for Adult and Pediatric Patients
- Dental Implant Surgery including Hard and Soft Tissue Grafting
- Orthognatic and Orthodontic Related Jaw Surgery
- Facial Trauma and Reconstructive Jaw Surgery
- Oral Surgery for the Medically Compromised Patient
Dr. Bowers received his dental degree from the University of Florida College of Dentistry in 1984 followed by a General Practice Residency Certificate from the College in 1985. He then practiced as a General Dentist for three years with the National Health Service Corps treating patients in under-served communities followed by six years of Active Duty in the U.S. Navy. He continued his training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, receiving his medical degree in 1998 and completed a General Surgery Internship and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at Mayo as well.