Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Faculty and Resident Clinic is a referral clinic and should receive those referrals by fax to the attention of the receptionist.
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Faculty and Resident Clinic is located on the first floor of the College of Dentistry at the west entrance of the UF Academic Health Center. An appointment for a consultation/evaluation with a faculty member or resident may be obtained after a referral has been made for you. The clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for a diagnosis and outpatient treatment, using local anesthesia, conscious sedation or general anesthesia. Complex cases may require surgical treatment in the operating room at UF Health Shands Hospital. Our office staff is very experienced and attentive to the needs of our patients.
Clinic Contact Information & Map
- Clinic Phone: (352) 273-6731
- Referral Fax: (352) 392-6909
- Physician Referral Form: OMFS Patient Referral Form
- Email for X-Rays: Xraysoralsurgery@dental.ufl.edu
- Clinic Location: 1395 Center Drive, D1-56A, Gainesville, FL 32610
- #19 on the Wayfinding Map
The services provided include the full scope of the specialty, including but not limited to:
- Removal of diseased or impacted teeth.
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth and for more complex cases, reconstructing deficient bone to support the implants.
- Treatment of facial fractures and soft tissue injuries of the head and neck secondary to trauma.
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign or malignant cysts and tumors of the oral and maxillofacial region.
- Diagnosis and treatment of infections of the head and neck region to include infection of the teeth, the salivary glands, and the upper and lower jaw
- Reconstruction and cosmetic surgery to correct facial bones deformities and facial soft tissue problems as a result of previous trauma, developmental, or secondary to the removal of head and neck pathology.
- Diagnosis and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (or TMJ).
- Diagnosis and correction of dentofacial deformities (bite) and other developmental defects. In conjunction with an orthodontist, the oral and maxillofacial surgeon surgically realigns the upper and lower jaw into proper dental and facial relationships to improve function and facial appearance. Individuals with developmental defects, such as cleft lip and palate are also treated for improved function and appearance.
- M. Franklin Dolwick, D.M.D., Ph.D.
- John H. Hardeman, D.D.S., M.D.
- Danielle Freburg-Hoffmeister, D.D.S., M.D.
- Richard J. Nessif, D.D.S
Reduced-Fee Dental Care
UF College of Dentistry students and faculty participate in programs such as the We Care Physicians Network (352-334-7926). Such programs provide limited services for qualified individuals that may be reduced in fees.
- New Year’s Day – (observed) Monday, January 2
- Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday – Monday, January 16
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29
- Juneteenth — Monday, June 19
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 10
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 23 & Friday, November 24
- Homecoming (observed) – TBD
- Christmas – Monday, December 25
Dental Records Request
All requests must include the following:
- Patient’s full name.
- Date of birth.
- Verification of Identity (Driver’s License, ID Card, Passport, etc.).
- Name, address, and telephone number where the records are to be sent.
- Purpose of the request.
- Specific items or dates of service needed.
- Any restrictions on the request.
- Date of the request.
- Signature of the patient or, if the patient is a child, the parent or guardian.
- Date this authorization expires (authorizations must be less than one year old).
- If signed by a personal representative, a description of his/her authority to act for the individual and a copy of the document giving that authority.
Email request to:
Fax request to:
- (352) 273-5344
Mail request to:
- University of Florida – College of Dentistry
P.O. Box 100425
Gainesville, FL 32610-0425