Observers under 18 years of age, not enrolled in a University of Florida or affiliated student program, are prohibited from observing or shadowing in patient care areas.
Observer (Shadow) opportunity available for current dental students. Approved observers are time-limited to 21 consecutive calendar days or less. Observers may only watch from a position that does not interfere with patient care. They are not allowed to help with procedures or wheel patients. OR access is not granted under Observership. (01/14/2022)
Student observers are required to complete and submit the following to Patty Carpenter.
- Request to Observe Patient Care Form for Students (directions below)
- HIPAA for Visitors and Vendors (directions below)
- UF Confidentiality Statement (directions below)
- Photo copy of Gator 1 Card/UF ID
- Photo copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of current CV/Resume
- Current Physical Address, Phone Number, and Email Address
Observe (Shadow) Request Application Instructions:
- Open the Request-to-Observe-Patient-Care-Form
- Complete the top half of the Request to Observe Patient Care Form for Students
- Print the Request to Observe Patient Care Form for Students in COLOR.
- Sign your name where indicated with yellow highlight approximately in the middle on the left side of the page.
- Scan the signed application in COLOR (Please be sure to scan a clear application that is not warped or skewed).
HIPAA and Confidentiality Statement Instructions:
- HIPAA & Privacy – General Awareness (PRV800) – https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg/Activity/Details/61302E3F09CD44429D6EF5CEB186CD2D
- Health Information Confidentiality Statement – http://privacy.ufl.edu/uf-health-privacy/confidentiality-statement/
- Print, sign, & scan the Confidentiality Statement with your completed HIPAA Certificate.