Please join the UF College of Dentistry on Saturday, February 3, 2024, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for Super Sealant Saturday, a student-run event providing FREE preventative dental care and education for children ages 1-17. While walk-in appointments are welcome, we encourage you to request an appointment in advance by filling out the appointment form below!
Stay tuned! Once we've set a date for our 2025 Super Sealant Saturday event, you can request an appointment right here online.
About the Event
Super Sealant Saturday annually provides UF College of Dentistry students and faculty the opportunity to serve children in the Gainesville and surrounding counties with a day of free preventative dental care at the college, as well as education about flossing, brushing and other healthy habits for optimal oral health.
Don’t miss out on the fun, kid-friendly atmosphere with face painting, a photo booth, and the opportunity to meet and take pictures with the tooth fairy!
Leave with a goodie bag including toothpaste, a toothbrush and more.
Dental care during Super Sealant Saturday includes a dental exam, dental sealants as needed and a fluoride varnish application to help keep teeth strong. X-rays, fillings and other treatments are not provided during this one-day event.
- WHEN: Saturday, February 3, 2024 | 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- TREATMENT CONSENT FORM: Mandatory Consent Form
- SILVER DIAMINE FLUORIDE CONSENT FORM: SDF Consent Form
- WHERE: UF College of Dentistry | 1395 Center Drive, Gainesville, Florida, 32610 | Transportation to the UF College of Dentistry
Super Sealant Saturday Includes:
- Dental exam
- Dental sealants as needed to protect your child’s smile and teeth
- Fluoride varnish application to help keep teeth strong
- Kid-friendly atmosphere with face painting, photo booth fun and a chance to meet the Tooth Fairy!
- Learn from the pros how to care for smiles with interactive brushing and flossing demonstration
- Healthy eating habits for keeping teeth happy
- Goodie bag with toothbrush, toothpaste and more!
Disclaimer: X-rays, fillings and other treatments are not provided during this event.
- In order to ensure that your child receives treatment during the event, you must arrive at your scheduled appointment time. Walk-ins are welcome all day, but we encourage you to reserve your spot now!
- A parent/legal guardian of each child must be present at all times during the event
- Plan on being at the event for approximately two hours
- Spanish translators are available to Spanish speaking patients and their families
The Benefit of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings that are applied to the grooves on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from tooth decay. Most tooth decay in children and teens occurs on these surfaces. Sealants protect the chewing surfaces from tooth decay by keeping germs and food particles out of these grooves.
- The New York Times, September 19, 2016 – “Defending Your Children’s Teeth (and Dentists): The Value of Sealants”
- NBC News, October 18, 2016 – “Dental Sealants Prevent Cavities and More Kids Need Them, CDC Says”
Supporting Super Sealant Saturday
If you're interested in helping fund Super Sealant Saturday, you may donate to the UF College of Dentistry Super Sealant Saturday Fund through the UF Foundation. We can't thank you enough for helping to make this important day possible for our community.