Congratulations on your admission, and welcome to the College of Dentistry! We look forward to your matriculation this summer. The Gainesville programs’ New Resident Dental Orientation is Monday, July 3, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. in room D8-46. Please dress professionally for your orientation: no jeans, sandals or scrubs! (Gentlemen: tie please, suit optional.)
Note to all acceptees:
All new resident acceptances are contingent upon completion of a successfully cleared background check.
Note to residents in offsite programs (AEGD Hialeah & Seminole, Pedo Naples): Please contact your program director for specific dates of program orientation.
All documentation is due on the deadline date indicated in your letter of offer when you return your contract, unless otherwise indicated. Return ALL documentation listed below to our office at:
School of Advanced Dental Sciences
Advanced & Graduate Education
UF College of Dentistry
P.O. Box 100406
Gainesville, FL 32610-0406
If you are unable to complete all requirements by your deadline, contact the office of the Associate Dean and Director, School of Advanced Dental Sciences, Advanced & Graduate Education at 352-273-7800 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not graduated from dental school, we realize you cannot furnish copies of final dental school transcripts or a dental school diploma. However, these MUST be furnished immediately once you graduate. Without these documents the Florida Board of Dentistry will not issue you a resident permit, and you will not be able to practice in our clinics.
Please review the detailed explanation of all conditions of enrollment before submitting documentation.
Tasks to Complete
These are tasks to complete prior to the start of your residency. They are extremely important, and incomplete items will prevent you from beginning your training program on time and receiving your stipend/benefits (if applicable).
- Initiate the required background check.
- Get your UF Gator 1 ID Badge
- FOR GAINESVILLE RESIDENTS ONLY: Purchase a parking decal
- Immediately furnish a private (non-work or non-dental school) email address to Susan Loffredo or Audra Lewis. This is very important, and we are requesting your assistance in continuity of communication.
- Immediately establish a GatorLink account and furnish to Susan Loffredo or Audra Lewis. . This is imperative for obtaining your Doctor ID# and dental email address.
- Resident Contract – sign and return. You should have already received this along with a document checklist via email or U.S. Mail.
- Florida State Board of Dentistry Residency/Intern Application (pdf)
- This enables you to practice in the clinic if you are not a Florida-licensed dentist.
- If you are a licensed Florida dentist, all that is needed is a copy of your current Florida Dental license.
Make sure to answer ALL questions, follow specific directions for certain possible answers, sign and date. You can type directly onto the form and print.
- Final Official Transcript Information Form (pdf)
- If you have yet to graduate, this form is submitted to the Florida Board of Dentistry and must be completed by your Dean’s office six weeks prior to your graduation date and returned to our office immediately.
- If you have already graduated, this form is not required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Card
- You will need to submit a copy of both sides, clearly indicating expiration date.
- IMPORTANT: If your BLS expiration date is on or before August 31, 2017, you are NOT considered current, and must get re-certified right away. Send, email or fax a copy of your new card immediately upon receipt.
- Make sure to supply both sides and sign your card!
- Contact Susan Loffredo or Audra Lewis if you have any questions.Official National Board Part II scores (if not already furnished)
- Official Final Transcripts
- Original, not a photocopy. Original documents are available directly from the registrar’s office at your dental school.
- We recommend you fax a copy as soon as you receive it to 352-273-6796, and then mail the original to:School of Advanced Dental Sciences, Advanced & Graduate Education, UF College of Dentistry, P.O. Box 100406, Gainesville, FL 32610-0406
- NOTE: Programs in Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics and Prosthodontics require two (2) sets of transcripts: One for the University’s Graduate Admissions Office, and one for your student record at the College of Dentistry.
- Dental School Diploma – a copy of this may be faxed, emailed, or mailed (you can even take a picture of it and email).
- Copies of all current state dental licenses
- Any other information that may be requested
Documentation Required by the University’s Occupational Medicine Office
Return these forms to the address on the envelope for the 3-page Preplacement Screening Form. We recommend you keep copies of everything you send. Return these forms to Ms. Stephanie Scrambling, UFCD Clinic Administration, PO Box 100412, Gainesville FL 32610-0412. This MUST be completed by May 13, 2017. HIALEAH must have this completed by March 06, 2017.
- Completed Preplacement Screening Form (pdf)
- Completed Medical History Questionnaire for N-95 Filtering Face Piece Respirators
- If you have a positive PPD, you must complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Surveillance Form (pdf)
You are welcome to contact our office with your questions and concerns. We look forward to seeing you in July!
Looking for a place to live? Check out our housing information!
Students in tuition-paying programs (US citizens or permanent resident aliens) are eligible for federal financial aid.
- Complete the online FAFSA
- Use this information when completing your FAFSA:College code: 001535 School name: Univ of Florida Address: PO Box 114025 City: Gainesville Zip: 32611-4025
For more information on financial aid, loan deferments/consolidations, funding, etc., explore our financial aid information.
All students are required to have “access to and ongoing use of a computer.” Some programs require the purchase of a computer/laptop. Specific instructions will be sent directly from the department.
Contact Information Update
Please advise the School of Dental Sciences, Advanced & Graduate Education of any change in your contact information.