- Research Scholar (M. Tech., Dissertation Work), September 2019 – Present, Department of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
- Tech., Genetic Engineering, July 2018 – Present (July 2020): SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India.
- Research Scholar (B. Tech., Dissertation Work), Jan 2016 – July 2016, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA.
- Tech., Genetic Engineering, October 2016: SRM University, Chennai, India.
Department of Periodontology, University of Florida (September 2019 – Present).
Mentor – Dr. Lakshmyya Kesavalu.
Role of predominant oral bacteria Fusobacterium nucleatum, Treponema denticola, Tannerella forsythia and Porphyromonas gingivalis on Streptozotocin (STZ) – induced Type 2 diabetes in C57BL/6J mice in induction of augmented periodontal disease and diabetic retinopathy.
Department of Genetic Engineering, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India (September 2018 – August 2019).
Mentor: Dr. Aruni Wilson and Dr. S. Iyappan.
Prevalence of Porphyromonas gingivalis in chronic generalized periodontitis associated with diabetes mellitus patients among South Indian population.
The main objective is to study the association of Porphyromonas gingivalis and diabetes mellitus among South India population.
Whole genome sequencing was performed to compare the presence of anaerobes.
Divison of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Department of Basic Science, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA. (January 2016– July 2016).
Mentor: Dr. Aruni Wilson
Filifactor alocis: Neutrophil Activating Protein – A (NAPA) in Virulence and Host Modulation.
- The NAPA protein was unique in important pathogens such as Helicobacter pylori, but, we proved its pivotal role in modulating pathogen virulence and host immune modulation in this oral pathogen that showed a causal relationship to systemic involvements.
- Bioinformatics analysis – Molecular modeling of the protein
- In Vitro assay
- Transcriptome analysis using Real time PCR
- Center for Medical Genetics, Chennai, India. (February 2018 – July 2018)
Mentor: Dr. G Kumaramanickavel
Research was based on the Cytogenetic work for prevention of birth defects along with Genetic Counseling.
- Department of Animal Biotechnology – Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Science University, Chennai, India. (October 2016 – January 2018)
Mentor: Dr. M. Parthiban
Development of novel probiotics and their delivery systems
Study on molecular characterization and genome organization of Parvovirus.
Anand Rao Memorial Award (Best Research Paper Award) (09/2016).
14th National Conference of Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists (IAAM 2016), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
Membership of Professional Societies
Indian Association of Applied Microbiologists – Lifetime Membership
- Preethi Sudhakara, Iyappan Sellamuthu, Aruni Wilson. Bacterial sialidases in bacterial virulence and pathogenesis, Pathogens, 2019, 8(1), 39; https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens8010039.
- Preethi Sudhakara, Abishek Gupta, Anshumouli Bhardwaj, Aruni Wilson. Oral Dysbiotic Communities and Their Implications in Systemic Diseases. Dentistry Journal. 2018; 6(2):10. doi:10.3390/dj6020010.