- Ph.D., Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India, 2016 (Highly Commended)
- M.Sc., Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India, 2009
- DST-SERB National Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, Aizawl, India, 2016-18
- Association between oral bacteria and Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis
- Cellular signaling pathways associated with the Periodontal bacteria mediated Aβ pathogenesis
- Human pathogen mediated inflammatory mechanism and systemic diseases
- Drug development for the treatment of non-communicable diseases
- R Sakthivel, D Sheeja Malar, G Archunan, K Pandima Devi. Phytol ameliorated benzo (a) pyrene induced lung carcinogenesis in Swiss albino mice via inhibition of oxidative stress and apoptosis. Environmental toxicology. 2019; 34 (4): 355-363
- Sakthivel R, Malar DS, Devi KP. Phytol shows anti-angiogenic activity and induces apoptosis in A549 cells by depolarizing the mitochondrial membrane potential. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2018; 105: 742-752
- Sakthivel R, Muniasamy S, Archunan G, Pandima Devi KP. Gracilaria edulis exhibit antiproliferative activity against human lung adenocarcinoma cell line A549 without causing adverse toxic effect in vitro and in vivo. Food & Function. 2016; 7: 1155
- Maria Russo, Gian Luigi Russo, Maria Daglia, Pandima Devi Kasi, Sakthivel Ravi, Seyed Fazel Nabavi, Seyed Mohammad Understanding genistein in cancer: The “good” and the “bad” effects: A review. Food Chemistry. 2016; 196: 589-600
- Sakthivel R, Devi KP. Evaluation of Physicochemical properties, Proximate and Nutritional Composition of Gracilaria edulis Collected from Palk Bay. Food Chemistry, 2015; 174: 68-74
- Devi KP, Sakthivel R, Nisha SA, Suganthy N, Pandian SK. Eugenol alters the integrity of cell membrane and acts against the nosocomial pathogen Proteus mirabilis. Archives of Pharmacal Research, 2013; 36(3): 282-292
- Devi KP, Nisha SA, Sakthivel R, Pandian SK. Eugenol (an essential oil of clove) acts as an antibacterial agent against Salmonella typhi by disrupting the cellular membrane. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2010; 130(1): 107-115
- Sakthivel, S. Karutha Pandian, K. Pandima Devi (2013). Modulation of Death Receptor Mediated Apoptosis by Natural Products: A Short Review. In: V. K. Gupta (Ed) Natural Products Research Reviews Vol. 2, Daya Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Sakthivel R, Pandian SK, Devi KP (2012). Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties of Seaweeds-A Mini Review. In: J. N. Govil (Ed) Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants Vol. 34 -Phytoconstituents and Physiological Processes. Studium Press LLC, USA.
- Nisha SA, Sakthivel R, Pandian SK, Devi KP (2011). Natural Bioactive Compound from Marine Plants with Anticancer Potential: A Review. In: V. K.Gupta (Ed) Bioactive Phytochemicals: Perspectives for Modern Medicine Vol. 1, 2012, Daya Publishing House, New Delhi, 395-412.