- M.S. Medical Sciences expected to graduate in December 2014: Department of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
- B.Tech. Biotechnology, May 2013: Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE) Sriperumbudur, Tamilnadu, India.–Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, India.
Role of major periodontal pathogens in induction of atherosclerosis in LDLR-/- mice. Department of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida.
Mentor: Dr. Lakshmyya Kesavalu
Centre of Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, India.
Mentor: Dr. Radha Ramachandran
“Cloning and Expression of VP26, A viral protein from White spot Syndrome Virus”- December 2012-April 2013
- The primary objective of this study was to clone the white spot syndrome viral protein VP26 by creating a recombinant construct of the protein using an expression vector (pRSETB).
- Secondary objective of this study was to over express this protein in an E.Coli expression host GJ1158.
- Further studies will involve purification of the expressed VP 26 protein using Nickel affinity chromatography and identification of interaction of the viral protein VP 26 with receptors on Shrimp, ultimately leading to the development of vaccines against this viral disease.
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE), Sriperumbudur, India.
Mentor: P. K. Praveen Kumar
“Biological and Insilico analysis of oxindole derivative compounds on ACE, surface protein on Enterococcus faecalis”- September 2011-March 2012
- The study investigated the binding of six novel synthetic oxindole derivatives with the ACE, a collagen binding adhesive protein of Gram positive bacteria, E. faecalis.
- The MIC’s of six different oxindole compounds were compared with standard antibiotic like Ampicillin dissolved in Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO).
- The docking studies between the six compounds and ACE was accomplished by using Accelrys Discovery Studio v 2.5 and based on the docked scores and internal ligand energy, the best conformer was chosen.
L and T Ocular Pathology Research Department, a unit of Medical Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya (Premier Eye Care and Research Hospital), Chennai ,India. June 2012 – July 2012.
- Gained knowledge about suicide gene therapy and its applications in cancer treatment.
- Maintenance of cell cultures (MCF 7), cell counting, MTT assay,
- Transfection (using lipofectamine reagent), protein isolation and western blotting.
Department of Electron Microscopy & Cytogenetics Cancer Institute, Chennai, India.-May 2011
- Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM).
- Classic Karyotyping and Spectral Karyotyping (SKY)
- Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) and Multicolor FISH.
Lister Metropolis, a diagnostic laboratory, Chennai, India. December 2010.
- Training program in various departments inclusive of phlebotomy, biochemistry, immunology, clinical pathology, histopathology, microbiology and serology.
- National Conference on Computational Biology and Chemistry, Vellore Institute of Technology, India (VIT University).
- P.K. Praveen Kumar, C.V. Priyadarshini, Meena E, Khusali Gupta. Biological and Insilco analysis of binding of Oxindole derivative compounds with ACE, a surface protein of Enterococcus faecalis. April 2012.
Academic Seminars, Conferences and Symposia
- Participated in the 7th Annual plenary session and symposium on Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine conducted by NiCRM Nichi-In Centre for Regenerative Medicine held at Chennai in 2012.
- Attended a seminar on “Advances in Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine” at Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai, India in 2012.
- Participated in the National Level Conference on “Emerging Trend in Environmental Biotechnology” held at Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, India in 2012.
- Contributed to the National Workshop on Current Trends in Drug Designing by Bioinformatics Tools held at Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, India in 2011.
- Involved in organizing the “Omics”-a national level technical symposium of the department of biotechnology, Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, India in 2011.
- Participated in Biotechcellence 2011 –a national level technical symposium at Anna University, Chennai, India in 2011.
- Attended a forensics workshop organized by “Truth Labs” during AARUSH 10-a national level techno- management fest at SRM University, Chennai, India in 2010.
- Tamil- Native or Bilingual proficiency
- English- Professional working proficiency