Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Academy 100 Eminent Scholar
Director of Hospital Dentistry for UF Health
- Phone: 352-273-6750
- E-mail: email@example.com
- D.M.D., University of Kentucky, 1971
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University, 1976
- Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical College of Virginia, 1976
Dr. Dolwick’s main areas of interest are (1) the surgical treatment of temporomandibular disorders including internal derangement, degenerative joint disease, hypermobility, ankylosis, fractures and pathology,(2) Surgical treatment of skeletal facial deformities including orthognathic surgery, distraction osteogenesis and reconstruction, (3) Craniofacial deformities including Craniofacial deformities and cleft lip and palate, (4) General oral surgery including removal of wisdom teeth, dentoalveolar surgery, odontogenic pathology, and facial fractures.
Dr. Dolwick’s current research interest is the management of temporomandibular joint internal derangement with arthrocentesis.
- Matuska AM, Muller S, Dolwick MF, McFetridge PS. Biomechanical and biochemical outcomes of porcine temporomandibular joint disc deformation. Archives of Oral Biology. 64 (2016) 72-79.
- Juran CM, Dolwick MF, McFetridge PS. Shear Mechanics of the TMJ Disc Relationship to Common Clinical Observations. J Dent Res 92(2): 193-198, 2013
- AL-Belasy F, Dolwick MF. Mandibular Hypomobility after Orthognathic Surgery: A Review Article. JOMS-D-13-00585
- Sanovich, U. Mehta, S. Abramowicz, C. Widmer, M.F. Dolwick. Total Alloplastic temporomandibular joint reconstruction using Biomet stock prosthesis: the University of Florida Experience.” Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. September 2014; 43:1091-1095.
- Juran C, Dolwick MF, McFetridge P. Functional TMJ Disc Engineering: Novel Concurrent Radial Tension – Uniaxial Compression Bioreactor. Submission ID #1620. BMES 2015 Meeting. Tampa, FL.
- Dolwick, MF. Arthrocentesis for the Treatment of TMJ Closed Lock. Education Summaries and Outlines. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59: Pg. 2. Surgical Treatment of TMJ Internal Derangement and Osteoarthritis. Ibid, Pg. 145, August 2001.