Please click here for instructions on how to access the dental Shared Drive (All UFCD) from computers in other HSC buildings
For questions, contact Instructional Support: 352-273-6589
- Check classroom availability on Outlook Proxy Scheduling.
- If your desired classroom is available, contact the Office of Education at 352-273-5950 to reserve it.
- To make a Mediasite, Distance Learning or Teleconference Request, send Instructional Support an email.
- D8-46: This classroom’s primary use is for videoconferencing and distance learning with UF College of Dentistry offsite locations. Videoconferencing will be given first priority in scheduling over meetings, events, and lectures when scheduling in this classroom. College of Dentistry business activities take precedence over non-business (i.e., party) activities. In the event that there is a need to schedule a business activity by the department when a non-business activity is currently scheduled, the department liaison should contact the office of education or instructional support at least one week prior to the activity if possible, to arrange for a new scheduled time for the non-business activity. All requests must include the name, phone number and email address of the requester, as well as the name of the group and the purpose of the meeting.
- After use, classrooms should be returned to the condition they were found. Please dispose of food, beverages, and recyclables in the proper receptacles before leaving the room.
Conference Room Scheduling
- To reserve a time in other specified conference rooms below, set an appointment in the Outlook calendar.
- D4-16: This conference room’s primary use is for the College of Dentistry Dean’s Office and administrative needs. Maximum capacity is 14. Please confirm scheduling of D4-16 ahead of time with the Dean’s Office. (352) 273-5801
Covid-19 Update: For those who wish to attend in-person meetings, the policy for masking and social distancing in D4-16 is as follows
- Vaccinated people may choose to wear masks or be unmasked depending on their level of comfort.
- As a courtesy to everyone, we will leave an empty chair between participants so as not to create crowding that may make people uncomfortable.
- Unvaccinated people must continue to wear a mask.
Important Note for C1-9 Presenters
You must wear the lapel microphone during your presentation in order for the Mediasite Recording Unit to capture your voice. There are no room microphones. Presentations without the lapel microphone will be discarded.
If a guest or presenter will be using UF’s network for the first time, please see the following web page for helpful information on how to access the internet: UF Wireless Network FAQ. Non-UF presenters are encouraged to use the UFvisitor wireless network during their time at College of Dentistry. UFvisitor is for temporary access by people affiliated or conducting business with UF and UFHealth who do not possess a UFID or Shands ID. Access will last for one week.
Classroom Support Staff
Educational Resource Manager
- Michele Cooley
- Pager: 352-413-8383, Room D3-42A or D3-15 (Sim Lab)
- Support for Sim Lab supplies/laboratory, Junior-Senior Lab arrangements
A/V Specialist for Classroom Technology Support
- Ben Mertz
- Phone: 352-273-6589, Room D8-34
- Support for Videoconferencing/Distance Learning (DL), AV Quotes, Video production, Mediasite and Turning Point
Classroom Support Assistant
- Kleada Novak
- Phone: 352-273-5699, Room D8-34
- Support for Classroom technology and Mediasite recordings
Communicore Classroom Support
- Phone: 352-273-5058, Room C1-14
Classroom & Smart Podium Tutorials
- Video tutorial: How to use the technology in classroom D3-3
- Video tutorial: How to use the SMART Podiums
- Using The Smart Podium
- Notebook Software 10 Basics
- How To Create Image Files From Smart Podium Annotations
- Accessing the dental Shared Drive (All UFCD) from computers in other HSC buildings
Classroom Supported Hardware and Software
Unless otherwise noted, classrooms and conference rooms have the following supported hardware and software:
- Computer/DVD player
- Overhead projector
- Document camera
- Laptop cable
- Internet access
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007-13
|D1-9||20||Submit a Help Desk ticket to check out a Turning Point receiver; Displays in 4:3 (fullscreen), not widescreen|
|D1-26||35||Submit a Help Desk ticket to check out a Turning Point receiver; Equipment instructions for room D1-26|
|D3-3||95||Equipped for classroom presentations or videoconferencing; Smart podium; Mediasite; Turning point 2008; Please note: First Generation MacBook Pro laptops do not display properly in this classroom; D3-3 has ZoomIt installed on the room computer, please refer to this training video if you are interested in using it|
|D3-15||Sim Lab||Please note: First Generation MacBook Pro laptops do not display properly in this classroom|
|D3-21||30||Submit a Help Desk ticket to check out a Turning Point receiver; Equipment instructions for room D3-21|
|D8-11||16||Smart podium; Turning Point 2008|
|D8-46||43||Equipped for classroom presentations or videoconferencing; Smart podium; Mediasite; Turning Point 2008; Food & drink allowed|
|MDL-6||84||Equipment instructions for MDL-6|
|D3-15||84||Simulation Lab; Submit a Help Desk ticket to check out a Turning Point receiver; Please note: First Generation MacBook Pro laptops do not display properly in this classroom|
|CG-29/MDL-6||84||Turning Point 2008; Food permissible; Equipment instructions for MDL-6|