The College of Dentistry requested and received university support to fund a visioning and conceptual planning activity. This exercise addressed space planning and future facility needs to support:
- New ways students learn
- How patients experience the clinics
- Community space
- Other future college needs
This investment of funds has yielded a plan which can be used in development/fund-raising; to develop a long-term strategy to meet the facilities needs of the college; and to support a proposal for state funding for a building expansion.
Through a competitive process, Kahler Slater was chosen to facilitate the visioning process and conducted two-day site visits through the beginning of 2012 to assist the college with this activity.
Steering Committee & User Groups
- Visioning Final Project Overview (pdf)
- Final Visioning Report: University of Florida College of Dentistry Facility Master Plan, April 27, 2012 (pdf)
- Visioning Open Forum, February 21, 2012 (video)
- Kahler Slater interview presentation (pdf)