Building & Infrastructure
Dental Tower Fire Alarm Testing – December 20, 2018
HSC facilities will be conducting of the fire alarm in the dental tower. Here’s the details:
- The testing will be on Thursday, December 20 from 5 to 7am.
- The alarms are expected to sound only on floors Ground through 3.
- Since this is a fire alarm test, and not a fire drill, you do not need to exit the area if you are here when the alarms are sounding.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Charles Ruhmpohl at email@example.com, maintenance supervisor for HSC Electric and Fire Alarms.
Flashing Replacement Project – December 18, 2018 through January 31, 2019
The flashing replacement project on the east side of the dental tower begins tomorrow and is expected to continue through January 31, 2019. So, for about six weeks, we can expect some disruption to be ongoing. They are working through the holiday break to try to minimize issues for the inhabitants of the dental tower. There are more details in the announcement below.
Flashing Replacement Project – test samples on November 30
On Friday, November 30, Ewing Waterproofing is taking some samples of the material on the east side of the dental building beginning at 10am.
- They will be working on the outside of the 4th floor and will take about two hours.
- Ewing will remove the mortar around one brick by chisel or small hand grinder.
- There will be a little noise due to grinding or chipping, but there should not be any other issues such as dust.
- Today’s work is the first step in a larger project that begins December 17 to repair the flashing on our building which is an important step to mitigate some moisture issues.
- The actual repair project will take about a month once it begins. And there will be noise, vibrations and . . .maybe more?
- Ewing Waterproofing hopes to get the majority of the work done during the holiday break to try to minimize the issues for those of us who “live” in the dental tower.
UF PPD Emergency Work Request: Call 352-392-1121
For issues within the dental tower, please contact Charles Lesch in Dental Maintenance at firstname.lastname@example.org