Announcements & News
July 8, 2019, email from Dr. Garcia Regarding the Dental Sciences Building
Dr. Garcia’s email on July 8, 2019, included updates about:
- UF Board of Trustees – Concept Approval
- Indoor Environmental Quality Assessment – more information here
- West Wall Flashing Replacement
- For the full email, please click here
Dental Tower West Wall Flashing Replacement Project
On Monday, June 24, UF Facilities Services, working with JAM construction, will begin the flashing replacement project on the west side of the Dental Tower.
- You may recall that the same work was being done in December 2018 and January 2019 on the east side of the tower. And now we are heading west.
- The work is expected to continue through July. So, for about five weeks, we can expect some disruption to be ongoing over the third floor. There will be noise, vibrations.
- This project is to repair issues causing water intrusion outside of D3-3, D2-6 and the 3rd floor hallway. We ask for your understanding during the duration of this critical repair.
April 19 thru September/October, 2019 | Cast Iron Pipe Replacement Phase 2 Floors Ground thru Third
(Sent April 11, 2019) Facilities Services is starting on Phase 2 of a comprehensive improvement project in the dental tower. They have contracted with Charles Perry Partners, Inc. (CPPI) to replace all of the cast iron pipes in the dental tower on floors G-3. If it sounds like a big project, that’s because it is! But they will take it one day at a time and will coordinate with each area as they progress. They are still working out some of the details for scheduling so please keep in mind that some things may change.
But, for now, this is what we know:
- The project starts on the second and third floors on April 19. The project is expected to take 20 weeks (that’s five months through September or October-ish).
- They will be doing most of their work between 6am and 6pm, although there may be some work done during the day, and they’ll also be working some weekends.
- CPPI will be scheduling work inside labs, offices and clinics areas as necessary. They are aware that some of the areas have very sensitive equipment, and will take proper precautions and care.
This is going to be a very fluid project with a lot of moving parts. We realize that this will cause some inconvenience for many of you but we are happy to see these improvements in the works for our dental tower, so we appreciate your patience.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Charles Lesch, firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-273-8001; or the Charles Perry Partners, Inc. (CPPI) Terry Frey (Daytime Contact) email@example.com or 352-359-9085; or Charles Garrett (Night Work Contact) firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-316-1036.