Congratulations are in order for eight UF College of Dentistry faculty who were awarded promotions from the University of Florida and/or were approved for tenure by the UF Board of Trustees for the 2022-23 Promotion and Tenure cycle.
All promotions and tenure are effective July 1, 2023. We are incredibly grateful for our talented and esteemed faculty at UFCD who lead the way in training and educating the next generation of Gator Dentists, while being at the forefront of groundbreaking research and selflessly setting a prime example of our service-oriented culture at the college.
A round of applause for:
- Maria Delgado Caraballo, D.D.S. / promoted to Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
- Jia Chang, D.D.S. / awarded tenure and promoted to Associate Professor / Department of Periodontology
- Larry Cook, D.M.D., M.S. / promoted to Clinical Professor, Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
- Jorge Frias-Lopez, Ph.D. / awarded tenure as Associate Professor, Department of Oral Biology
- José Lemos, Ph.D. / promoted to Professor, Department of Oral Biology
- Patricia Xirau-Probert, Ph.D. / promoted to Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science
- Maria Silva, D.D.S. / promoted to Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
- Panagiotis Zoidis, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D. / promoted to Clinical Professor, Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
Thank you for your dedication to our college, community, your colleagues, students, staff, residents and associates, and for your unwavering standard of excellence as educators, mentors, leaders, clinicians and scientists!