The International College of Dentists is a leading honorary dental organization dedicated to the recognition of outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service, and the continued progress of the profession of dentistry for the benefit of all humankind.
With nearly two decades of teaching, research and leadership experience, Pereira was named associate dean in August of 2019. As the senior educational officer for the college, Pereira’s focus is establishing a vision and strategic plan for the Office of Academic Affairs; planning, developing and managing the predoctoral dental education program; and working closely with other members of the college’s senior leadership team to ensure coordination and support for all three missions of the college.
Pereira’s leadership was invaluable when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, as classes moved online and educational institutions were forced to transition educational delivery methods while still meeting graduation requirements – a tremendous challenge for clinical-based education.
Pereira checked all of the boxes for membership as a fellow of the International College of Dentists recognized by the USA Section Board of Regents:
- Must have been at least five years in her dental career
- Must be a graduate of a recognized dental school
- Must be recognized as an active contributor to the dental profession and/or community
- Must have high integrity and character
Pereira joined UFCD in 2015 as a clinical associate professor in the UF Department of Restorative Dentistry Division of Operative Dentistry; she has served as program director in the master’s in operative dentistry program since 2016. She earned her dental degree from the University of the Planalto Central, Brasilia, Brazil, in 1993, her doctorate in operative dentistry from Tokyo Medical and Dental University in 1998, and a certificate in prosthodontics from the Patos de Minas Educational Association in Minas Gerais, Brazil, in 2014.
About the International College of Dentists
The USA Section of the International College of Dentists, as part of the preeminent honor society for dentists in the world strives to be the leading honorary dental organization serving others worldwide. It also:
- Recognizes and promotes excellence in leadership with an emphasis on service,
- Provides support to our Fellows and respect to peers,
- Addresses oral health needs and education throughout the world, and
- Fosters an atmosphere of collaboration with those who share their values.