Anita Gohel, B.D.S., Ph.D., a clinical professor, and division and program director of the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology was elected the 2020-21 president-elect of the American Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology, or AAOMR.
Gohel joined the UF College of Dentistry in January 2020 after four years at the Ohio State University College of Dentistry.
She is a board-certified Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology, received her B.D.S. from Calcutta University in India, and a Ph.D. in oral biology and a certificate in oral and maxillofacial radiology from the University of Connecticut.
Gohel has authored several articles and book chapters, and served as a both a director and president of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology. She was a commissioner for the American Dental Association’s National Commission on Recognition of Dental Specialties and Certifying Boards, and a CODA Review Committee member on Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Education.
The AAOMR will be the recognized leader in oral and maxillofacial radiology (OMR), serving patients and health professionals.
- To improve quality of patient care
- To improve access to OMR services
- To support members by providing resources to enhance successful OMR Practice
- To shape and advance the scientific knowledge in OMR by fostering research
- To nurture advanced specialty residency education in the US and Canada