A total of nine UF College of Dentistry faculty and staff members were honored and recognized by the University of Florida this spring as 2019-20 UF Superior Accomplishment Award winners, totaling the second-most honorees of the six Academic Health Center colleges.
The university’s Superior Accomplishment Awards program recognizes faculty and staff who have shown efficiency or economy in their work, have contributed outstanding and meritorious service, or who have improved the quality of life provided to students and employees.
An awards banquet to honor the UF Health and academic health college winners, nominators, supervisors and deans was originally scheduled for Friday, March 27, prior to the global COVID-19 pandemic. While the awards ceremony was postponed, we celebrate and congratulate our college’s nine winners!
Each winner was nominated by supervisors, peers or customers who wrote glowing letters of recommendation on their behalf. Each Superior Accomplishment Award winner receives a cash award of $200, a framed certificate, a commemorative coffee mug, and will be considered for university-level awards, which offer $1,000 and $2,000 cash prizes.
Our division winners were submitted as nominees to compete for the university-level Superior Accomplishment and Community Service Awards.
Division 5 UF College of Dentistry Winners
Category 1 | Clerical/Office Support
- Vada Cook, Continuing Dental Education
- Katie Hanson, Faculty Practice, Department of Orthodontics
- Christina Ryan, Office of Academic Affairs
Category 3 | Scientific/Technical
- Susan Gorman, Clinical Programs Coordinator, NCEF Pediatric Dental Center, Department of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science
Category 4 | Administrative/Supervisory
- Margeaux Johnson, Instructional Designer, Office of Academic Affairs
- Christina Perez, Human Resources, Dean’s Office
- Brenda Thacker, Research Coordinator, National Dental Practice-Based Research Network, Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
- Eric Weber, Lab Manager, Pain Research and Intervention Center of Excellence (PRICE), Department of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Sciences
Community Service Award
- Timothy Garvey, D.M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry