The University of Florida College of Dentistry will host its third annual Super Sealant Saturday on April 8. The student-run event provides FREE preventative dental care and education for children aged 6-17. Children without an appointment are welcome to walk in April 8 from 12 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. Children must be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian. Spanish translators are available.
If you do not have an appointment, walk-ins for Super Sealant Saturday are available from 12 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
WHEN: Saturday, April 8, 2017, from 8:00am – 3:30pm
WHERE: University of Florida College of Dentistry, 1395 Center Drive, Gainesville, Florida, 32610
WHY: To help the children of Alachua County and surrounding communities achieve and maintain optimal oral health
[googlemap address=’ 1395 Center Drive, Gainesville, Florida, 32610′ width=’60%’ height=’250px’ ]
Super Sealant Saturday free preventative dental care includes:
- Dental Exam
- Dental sealants as needed to protect your child’s smile
- Fluoride varnish application to help keep teeth strong
- Kid-friendly atmosphere with face painting, photo booth fun and a chance to meet the Tooth Fairy!
- Learn from the pros how to care for smiles with interactive brushing and flossing demonstration
- Healthy eating habits for keeping teeth happy
- Goodie bag with toothbrush, toothpaste and more!
Disclaimer: X-rays, fillings, and other treatments are not provided during this event
- In order to ensure that your child receives treatment during the event, you must arrive at your scheduled appointment time. If you do not have an appointment, walk-ins are welcome 12-2:30 p.m.
- A legal guardian of each child must be present at all times during the event
- Plan on being at the event for approximately two hours
- Spanish translators are available to Spanish speaking patients and their families
Dental Sealant Information
- Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings that are applied to the grooves on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from tooth decay. Most tooth decay in children and teens occurs on these surfaces. Sealants protect the chewing surfaces from tooth decay by keeping germs and food particles out of these grooves
Ways to Help at Super Sealant Saturday
- Want to help fund Super Sealant Saturday? Donate to the UF College of Dentistry Super Sealant Saturday Fund through the UF Foundation!
- Volunteer dentists are needed to oversee care! Sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/qmXtKhawEcarg7u82
- If you have any questions, contact Daili Diaz (email@example.com) or Kathie Kapernaros (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank You to Our Sponsors
We want to thank these companies who have donated to Super Sealant Saturday.
Grateful to our UFCD Organizations that Donated to this Event
- Dental Ambassadors (through the Annual Acid Etch Talent Show)
- Grad Cup
- Psi Omega