Please join the UF College of Dentistry for the 2nd Annual Oral Cancer Foundation 5K for Awareness on May 31 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Bo Diddley Community Plaza in downtown Gainesville. The First Oral Cancer Awareness 5K broke new ground by raising over $2,500 for the Oral Cancer Foundation.
2nd Annual Oral Cancer Foundation 5K for Awareness
Saturday, May 31 from 8am to 10am
Bo Diddley Community Plaza
111 E. University Avenue in Gainesville
- Registration opens at 8am; the run begins at 9:15am and walkers start at 9:20am
- Walkers/runners $25 to pre-register; $30 the day of the event
- Students $20 to pre-register; $25 the day of the event
- Oral cancer survivors registration is FREE
- Event includes a speaker who is an oral cancer survivor, free oral cancer screenings and more
- Register here: http://donate.oralcancer.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=586
Oral cancer has existed outside the awareness of much of the public, yet it will take one life, every hour of every day in the U.S. This year alone, approximately 43,250 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer. This is a number that has not significantly improved in decades; in fact oral cancer is on the rise.
For more information contact Shelly Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://donate.oralcancer.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=586