Helpful Links: Education
- Deans, Directors, and Department Chair Memos
- Emerging Pathogens Initiative
- Faculty Development at UFCD
- Health Science Center Teaching Laboratory Resources: Teaching Laboratory Resources provides classroom and audio-visual support, logistical lab support and technology support in the Health Science Center.
- Infection Control Guidelines for the Dental Health Care Setting: Center for Disease Control, MMWR, December 19, 2003/Vol. 52/No. RR-17
- Instructional Support at UFCD
- Student Honor Code: faculty should include this statement in their syllabi and on exams.
- Textbook Adoption Information
- UF Office of Academic Affairs
- UF Faculty Handbook
- UF Fora website: Committees, task forces, workgroups, and other collaborative groups associated with Academic Affairs and the Faculty Senate at the University of Florida.
- UF Office of Human Resource Services: (formerly University Personnel services) Information about benefits, employee education, retirement, training, etc.
- UF Services: Links to most support resources available to all campus including handbooks, policies, computing, multimedia, and off-campus resources.
- College of Medicine Graduate Medical Education – Housestaff website
- Dental Anatomy website: This is a human anatomy website for dental students developed by Dr. Lynn H. Larkin and the UF Office of Medical Informatics.
- Dental Histology website: contains a Schedule of Lectures and Laboratories, General Course Information, Course Faculty, Histology Stains, Instructions for the Use of the Light Microscope, Terms Commonly Used in Microscopy, Histology Review, Online Histology Program, Current Examinations and Tests from years past, Laboratories and Lectures (using Real Audio)
- Electronic Thesis/Dissertation Technical Support
- Fundraising: List of approved on-campus fundraising activities
- Health Science bookstore: Carries Dental reference and text and often has specials for students and faculty.
- Integrated Medical Curriculum
- Integrated Student Information System (ISIS): Grades, transcripts, financial aid disbursement information
- Medical Education Server for UF dental courses
- National Association of Residents and Interns
- Reitz Union: website for the J. Wayne Reitz Student Union
- Resources for Students: from the UF Dean of Students office. Includes sections on new student resources, disability resources, conduct and conflict resolution, etc.
- Special Needs Fact Sheets: From the University of Washington School of Dentistry: fact sheets relating to special needs patients for Dental Professionals, Medical Professionals, and Parents and Caregivers
- Student Financial Affairs: UF Financial Aid information
- Student Health Care Center
- Student Honor Code
- UFCD Complaint Form
- UF Graduate Catalog
- UF Graduate School Editorial Office: Help with thesis, dissertation and curriculum issues
- American Association for Dental Research and International Association for Dental Research: Research information on all aspects of oral disease.
- American Dental Association: The ADA is the professional association of dentists dedicated to serving both the public and the profession of dentistry. The ADA promotes the public’s health through commitment of member dentists to provide quality oral health care, accessible to everyone.
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA): ADEA is the leading national organization for dental education. Our members include all U.S. and Canadian dental schools, advanced dental education programs, hospital dental education programs, allied dental education programs, corporations, faculty, and students. (http://www.adea.org)
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association: Oral health information for patients and professionals
- Academy of General Dentistry The mission of the Academy of General Dentistry is to serve the needs and to represent the interests of general dentists and to foster their continued proficiency through quality continuing dental education in order to better serve the public.
- Florida Dental Association This chapter of the American Dental Association represents 75 percent of all licensed dentists in Florida. The FDA’s mission is to improve the public’s health through professional and patient education and maintaining high practice standards.
- Hispanic Dental Association The Hispanic Dental Association is a national organization. The FDA’s mission is to provide leadership and represent professionals who share a common commitment to improve the oral health of the Hispanic community.
- International and American Association for Dental Research The International Association for Dental Research (IADR) has been established to promote research in all aspects of oral and related sciences, to encourage development of improved methods for prevention and treatment of oral and dental diseases, and to facilitate cooperation among investigators and communication of research findings and their implications throughout the world.
- International Association for Disability and Oral Health Information on oral health for people with disabilities
- TMJ Association Information on temporomandibular disorders.
- U.S. Army Dental Care System: Covers topics from Army dental specific information, to other dental related homepages, to information of interest for dentists interested in joining the Army Dental Corps.
- Ask a Librarian IM: Having trouble with Internet research, getting access to a journal, or any other library-related task? Chat live with a librarian Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m.-midnight. For assistance in connecting, contact the UF Computer Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 392-HELP.
- EZ Proxy Information: Off campus access to the UF library resources. EZ proxy will allow you to access the databases and e-journals from home with a simple log in of either your Gator 1 Card number or your Gatorlink user name/password. This method works with AOL and the Science Direct journals and there is no need to reconfigure your browser.
- Information about and schedule of Health Science Center Library classes: The HSC Library staff provides instruction to students, faculty and other qualified users of library resources.
- Electronic Resources: Major health-related electronic journals including Medline, PDF, PubMed, etc.
- George A. Smathers Libraries website: Web-based information on the UF libraries.
- Literature Search (free for HSC Faculty): Literature and reference searches are done by a professional Librarian for a patron. There are several ways you can request a literature search:
- Telephone 352-273-8408: Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- In person at the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the HSC Libraries: Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Submit the online Literature Search Request form
- Standard mail to:
Reference, Education, and Information Division, Health Science Center Libraries
University of Florida
Box 100206 Gainesville, FL 32610-0206
- Fax to 352-846-2272
- Medscape: Free medically related searches, email, updates, discounted bookstore. Very full site with a lot to offer.
- National Library of Medicine: A guide to one of the world’s largest medical libraries.
- AAP Guidelines, Position Papers, Product/Procedure Statements and Parameters of Care:Supplementary website for DEN 6420
- American Cleft Palate – Craniofacial Association and Cleft Palate Foundation: Information on cleft lip and palate.
- Case of the Month
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Oral Health Program: Information on oral disease surveillance and prevention, infection control, oral health infrastructure, and other issues.
- Dental Assisting Videos
- HIVDent: Information on oral manifestations of HIV/AIDS
- Integrated Medical Curriculum (IMC): Offers online courses taught in medical school, using text animation, photos, and streaming video and audio. A subscription is required.
- National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias: Information on ectodermal dysplasias. .
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research: Information on oral, dental, and craniofacial research and health.
- National Oral Cancer Awareness Program: Information on oral cancer resources
- Sjögren’s Syndrome Foundation: Information on Sjögren’s syndrome.
- Special Care Dentistry Association: information about hospital dentistry,geriatric dentistry, and dentistry for people with disabilities
- Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck cancer (SPOHNC): Patient support group
- UF Surgical Research and Training Laboratory: The Surgical Research and Training Laboratory was established to teach advanced operative techniques to surgeons and other technical personnel
- UFCD Video Procedures Library: contains links to streaming videos of various dental procedures.