Summer Learning Program (SLP)
Accepted SLP 2013 participants will be notified by early May.
An immersive learning program for Florida residents from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds or ethnic minority students. SLP 2013 will take place July 8- 26, 2013.
- Produce hands-on projects in dental simulation laboratory
- Shadow dental students in clinics
- Explore dentistry and its specialties with dental faculty and students
- Receive one-on-one advising from an admissions officer
- Network with faculty and students
- Have the cost of food and housing covered during the program
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Have a genuine interest in the dental profession.
- Be in the 1st or 2nd year of college.
- Be a resident of Florida.
- Be a minority student (African American, Latino/a, Native American) or educationally or economically disadvantaged.