Summer Learning Program (SLP)
The SLP 2014 Application will be released January 2014. Join the SLP List-serv to receive notification of its release. Thank you for your interest.
What is the Summer Learning Program?
An immersive learning program for Florida residents from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds or ethnic minority students. SLP 2014 will take place July 7- 25, 2014.
- Produce hands-on projects in dental simulation laboratory
- Shadow dental students in clinics
- Explore dentistry and its specialties with dental faculty and students
- Receive one-on-one advising from an admissions officer
- Network with faculty and students
- Have program costs covered
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Have a genuine interest in the dental profession.
- Be in the 1st or 2nd year of college.
- Be a resident of Florida.
- Be a minority student (African American, Latino/a, Native American) or educationally or economically disadvantaged.