Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Internship
Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diagnostic Sciences offers an advanced education course entitled “Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology for the General Practitioner.” The curriculum is tailored to the desires of the intern with experiences in clinical oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial radiology case analysis, clinical or basic research and seminars. This course is designed to give the intern an experience in clinical oral and maxillofacial radiology that will better equip them to pursue an oral and maxillofacial radiology residency. The intern can observe in the faculty’s intramural practice, under the direction of the full-time professors. In addition, the intern may attend departmentally offered courses and clinical case conferences that the residents take. We also offer the intern an opportunity to work on a basic or clinical research project during the course. The research may be presented at a national or international meeting and could also be published in the oral and maxillofacial radiology literature.
This course is for one calendar year beginning on July 1st. Tuition is remitted in four (4) equal non-refundable installments of $12,750.00 (for a total of $50,000/year). Upon completion of the internship, a certificate of attendance and twelve hundred (1200) continuing education units (CEUs) are awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal of producing an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Attend the Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology case conferences.
- Attend selected Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology seminars and journal clubs.
Intern/Fellow Benefit Fact Sheet
All UF Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diagnostic Sciences, Division of Radiology faculty will be participating in the program.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* January 31st is the application deadline but positions can be filled prior to that date.
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Send internship application materials to:
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diagnostic Sciences (OMDS)
Mail: P.O. Box 100414
Gainesville, FL 32610-0414
Applicants must complete the formal application and submit it with the following documentation:
- Application (online [coming soon] or print [288 KB])
- Two letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- Scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. The minimum acceptable score on this exam is 550 for paper or 80 for computer.
Upon acceptance by a department into their program, the following fees and documentation will be required: $345.00 non-refundable processing fee.
- Provide official copies of dental school transcript (& official certified translation if in your native language) AND scores from the National Board Dental Examinations, Parts I and II (if applicable.)
- GRE scores are not necessary for this program, but are preferred as an aid in applicant selection
- Provide a copy of current active dental license.
- Non US residents requiring a visa must provide a Certificate for Financial Responsibility form (Instructions) demonstrating sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses. Currently, this amount for the visitor alone is approximately US $71,000 per year. If accepted into the program, further documentation for issuance of your I-20 form for your F-1 Visa is required.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings