Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Department of Endodontics offers an advanced education course entitled “Fellowship in Endodontics for the Specialist.” The course is designed to allow the dentist with specialty training the opportunity to focus their study on a special interest area within their discipline. The course curriculum can be tailored to include possible experiences in clinical endodontics, clinical or basic research or clinical and didactic teaching methodologies.
This course is twelve months (1year) in length, beginning July 1 and ending on June 30. The tuition is $31,000.00 per year, made up of four non-refundable quarterly payments of $7,750.00. Upon completion of the fellowship, 1200 CEU’s and a certificate of completion from the Continuing Education Department is awarded. In addition, you may need to purchase a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and certain textbooks. Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal being an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Endodontic Dental core curriculum.
- Attend the Endodontic Dental case conferences.
- Attend selected Endodontic Dental seminars and journal clubs.
Intern/Fellow Benefit Fact Sheet
All UF Department of Endodontics faculty will be participating in the program.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* January 31st is the application deadline but positions can be filled prior to that date.
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Send internship application materials to:
Department of Endodontics
Mail: PO Box 100436
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0436
Applicants must complete the formal application and submit it with the following documentation:
- Application (online [coming soon] or print [288 KB])
- Two letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- Scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. The minimum acceptable score on this exam is 550 for paper or 80 for computer.
Upon acceptance by a department into their program, the following fees and documentation will be required: $345.00 non-refundable processing fee.
- Provide official copies of dental school transcript (& official certified translation if in your native language) AND scores from the National Board Dental Examinations, Parts I and II (if applicable.)
- GRE scores are not necessary for this program, but are preferred as an aid in applicant selection
- Provide a copy of current active dental license.
- Non US residents requiring a visa must provide a Certificate for Financial Responsibility form (Instructions) demonstrating sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses. Currently, this amount for the visitor alone is approximately US $71,000 per year. If accepted into the program, further documentation for issuance of your I-20 form for your F-1 Visa is required.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings