Advanced Education CE: for US and International dentists and dental scholars
* Note to Internationally-Educated Dentists: These programs WILL NOT prepare dentists to become licensed to practice dentistry in Florida. If you are interested in practicing dentistry in Florida, you will need a dental degree from an ADA-accredited dental school in order to be eligible to take the Florida Dental License examination.
Length: 1 year
Description: An educational experience that lasts one year and includes direct patient care. Internships are open to any dentist (U.S./International) with a dental degree; topics can be either general dentistry or dental specialties.
- Endodontics Internship
- General Dentistry Internship
- Orthodontics Internship
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Internship
- Pediatric Internship
- Periodontology Internship
Length: 1 year
Description: An educational experience that lasts one year and includes direct patient care. Fellowships are open to any dentist with a dental degree (U.S./International) and specialty training. The topic is a special-interest area in your specialty.
Length: 1 month – 1 year
Description: An educational experience that lasts between one month and a year. No direct patient care is included in this experience. Preceptorships are intended for dentists with dental degrees and others who have earned a terminal degree (U.S./International). Topics can be either general dentistry, dental specialties or research topics.
Length: Less than 1 month
Description: A custom-study program that lasts less than one month. No direct patient care is included in this experience. Mini-residencies are intended for dentists with a dental degree (U.S./International), topics could be either general dentistry or dental specialties.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography – Interpretation Clerkship
- Oral Oncology / Oral Medicine Clerkship
- Pediatric Dentistry Mini-Residency
For Florida-licensed Dentists
- Board of Dentistry Mandated Remediation
- A custom-education program of varying length that is open to Florida-licensed dentists who require BOD mandated remediation; this program may involve direct patient care.
Courses will be presented by a variety of instructors including UF Faculty, other nationally recognized experts and private practitioners who are known for their standards of excellence.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610