Pre-doctoral General Dentistry
The Division of Pre-doctoral General Dentistry faculty is a group of dentists with a wide variety of experiences ranging from private practice, to pre-doc and graduate education, to the military. This division provides TEAM program administration and competency assessment in patient screening, treatment planning and overall clinical and professional development for all D.M.D. students. TEAM leaders are also responsible for:
- Ensuring comprehensive dental care for all patients
- Post-treatment assessments and continuing maintenance
- Supporting the clinical quality assurance program
- Support operation of the senior General Dentistry program
- Licensure examination preparation for clinical exams 1 and 2
- Instruction in dental practice management
Student Care Groups
D.M.D. Student Care Groups in the Division of Pre-doctoral General Dentistry consist of the groups 2-A, 2-B, 3-A and 3-B. Each care group is managed by two TEAM leaders, two patient care coordinators and two assistants. There are approximately 40 third- and fourth-year students assigned to each care group. Attending faculty include the disciplines of prosthodontics, operative dentistry and periodontology.
An additional honors care group, the Senior General Dentistry Care Group, consists of eleven selected fourth-year students who rotate through the clinic for one semester. The goal of this clinic is to provide an experience similar to that of a general practice setting.