Student Oral Surgery Clinic
The Student Oral Surgery Clinic is a walk-in facility that provides urgent care for adult patients in pain. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 years old can also be seen here when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If you have a toothache or facial swelling, you may be treated at the Student Oral Surgery Clinic even if you are not a current patient at the college’s clinics.
Clinic Contact Information
- CLINIC PHONE: (352) 273-6705
1395 Center Drive, D1-108
Gainesville, FL 32610
- Rondre F. Baluyot, DMD
Student Oral Surgery Clinic – #21
- Click here to view map: wayfinding-map
2017 Clinic Closed Dates
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 10th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th
- Christmas – Monday, December 25th
Fees and Payment
- $180.00 (includes exam, X-ray, and extraction of one simple tooth)
- Dental fees must be paid upon registration.
- The Student Oral Surgery Clinic accepts payment in the form of cash, check and credit card. No billing or payment arrangements can be made.
- The clinic accepts the following insurance: CMS and Medicaid. Medicaid patients must present proof of Medicaid (gold card or Social Security card with a picture ID).
- Patients for the day are selected by a lottery system at 7:00 a.m., Monday-Friday.
- The drawing for both morning and afternoon clinics takes place at 7:00 a.m., so even if you would prefer to be treated in the afternoon, you must be here for the 7:00 a.m. drawing.
If your problem should occur after 5:00 p.m., on a weekend, or on a date the clinic is closed, you should go to the emergency room at your nearest hospital and ask for the dentist on call. Please bring a list of all medications you are presently taking and the dosage.
Patients seeking extraction of multiple teeth, third molar/wisdom teeth extraction, IV sedation or any other procedure deemed not to be appropriate for a student will be examined with the aid of an X-ray and will be referred to patient screening for student assignment or the resident oral surgery clinic.
Patients requesting treatment with nitrous oxide sedation will be assessed an additional fee.
Children are not allowed in the clinical area. If you must bring a child under 12, he or she must remain with a responsible adult at all times.
Reduced-Fee Dental Care
UF College of Dentistry students and faculty participate in programs such as the We Care Physicians Network (352-334-7926).Such programs provide limited services for qualified individuals that may be reduced in fees.