Center for Implant Dentistry
Established in 1999, this interdisciplinary center coordinates research, educational programs, and diagnosis and treatment related to patients needing dental implants.
Straumann AG, a Switzerland-based company that tested its first implant in 1974, and the International Team for Oral Implantology (ITI), a worldwide group of scientists and clinicians that developed the ITI-Dental Implant System, helped establish the center in Gainesville.
With the backing of these two leaders in the field of dental implants, the center is the first of its kind in the world. The center will benefit not only students in the doctor of dental medicine degree program, but also residents and faculty from our Health Science Center colleges, and an international audience of dental professionals through continuing education and distance education.
Clinic Contact Information
- APPOINTMENTS: (352) 273-6715
1395 Center Drive, D1-106
Gainesville, FL 32610
Center for Implant Dentistry – #19
- Click here to view map: wayfinding-map
2017 Clinic Closed Dates
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 2nd
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday – Monday, January 16th
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29th
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4th
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4th
- UF Homecoming – Friday, October 13th (tentative)
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 10th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th
- Christmas – Monday, December 25th
- Dr. William C. Martin
- Dr. Luiz H. Gonzaga
- Dr. Lydia R. Legg, D.D.S., M.S.