Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Contact the Faculty & Resident Clinic at (352) 273-6731 for
patient referrals, appointment information, and all other clinical inquiries.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a surgical specialty which involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the head and neck region. The scope of the specialty is very broad, ranging from the extraction of teeth to the treatment of complex facial fractures.
The faculty members of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Florida are all board-certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and are known nationally and internationally as leaders in their field. In addition to providing excellent patient care, they are established researchers, teachers, and national and international orators. Each surgeon in the division has undergraduate teaching responsibilities within the College of Dentistry and in the six-year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program, which graduates two residents per year. In addition, each faculty member maintains a faculty practice, providing consultations and treatment on an outpatient and inpatient basis. The surgeons are on staff at UF Health Shands Hospital.
- M. Franklin Dolwick, D.M.D., Ph.D., Parker E. Mahan Facial Pain Endowed Professor & Chairman
- Thomas L. Bowers IV, D.M.D., M.D., FACS, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Danielle Freburg-Hoffmeister, D.D.S., M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor
- Carlo E. Guevara, D.D.S., M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor
- John H. Hardeman, D.D.S., M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, Residency & Undergrad Program Director