Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a surgical specialty which involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the head and neck region. The scope of the specialty is very broad, ranging from the extraction of teeth to the treatment of complex facial fractures.
The faculty members of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Florida are all board-certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and are known nationally and internationally as leaders in their field. In addition to providing excellent patient care, they are established researchers, teachers, and national and international orators. They also share the responsibility for teaching graduate students (residents) in the six- year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The surgeons are on staff at UF Health Shands Hospital.
For more information about becoming a patient, contact the Clinic Office to schedule an appointment.
Administrative Office Closed Dates
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5th
- UF Homecoming – Friday, October 14
- Veterans Day – Friday, November 11th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 24th & Friday, November 25th
- Winter Break – Monday, December 26th – Friday, December 30th
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 2nd
Administrative Office Contact Information
- Administrative Office Phone: (352) 273-6750
- Administrative Office Address:
University of Florida College of Dentistry
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
1395 Center Drive, D7-6
P.O. Box 100416
Gainesville, FL 32610-0416