2016 Dental Fall Weekend
The college’s 2016 Annual Dental Fall Weekend is scheduled for October 14-15. The Florida Gators are playing the Missouri Tigers in The Swamp and it promises to be an exciting game that Gator fans won’t want to miss. DFW coincides with UF’s 2016 Homecoming so there’s a busy schedule with plenty of events.
Our Dental Fall Weekend Package is $73 per person and includes a ticket to the game, tailgate ticket, and shuttle bus transportation to and from the game.
DMD Class Reunions
On Friday, October 14, class reunions are scheduled for the DMD classes of 1976, 1981, 1991, 1996 and 2011. Please contact your class leader to discuss or to help spread the word!
|1976||Paul L. Benjaminemail@example.com|
|1981||Jacqui Gilbert Farnhamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|1981||Bruce D. Manneemail@example.com|
|1991||Rosario M. Avilesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Here’s an itinerary to plan for the weekend:
Friday, October 14
- Academy of Alumni and Friends and Class Leader Meetings, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.. CTRB 3261 (2004 Mowry Road, Gainesville, FL 32610)
- Homecoming Parade, 12 p.m. along University Avenue
- Class reunions DMD classes of 1976, 1981, 1991, 1996 and 2011, 5-7 p.m., University House (2151 West University Avenue, Gainesville), Tickets required
- The Alpha Class of 1976 will have a dinner beginning at 7:30 p.m., Embers Wood Grill (3545 S.W. 34th St., Suite A), Tickets required
- Gator Growl, doors open at 6 p.m., show begins at 7 p.m. at UF’s Flavet Field
Saturday, October 15
- CE Course: Predictable Results of Conservative Approaches in the Esthetic Zone, 8-9:30 a.m. at the UF College of Dentistry, 1395 Center Drive, Room D3-3
- Course will be led by Alex J. Delgado, D.D.S., M.S., clinical assistant professor in restorative dental sciences
- The lecture will address basic fundamentals for obtaining excellence in the use of composites in the anterior dentition and conservative porcelain options. The main optical properties, shade matching and color selection. The stratification technique for anterior teeth based in the counter opalescence, translucency and transparency principles. An extensive showcase will be presented revealing alternatives for obtaining excellence in detail along with key clinical tips.
- Click here for more information and to register.
- Registration is $59
- Tour of the college immediately following the CE course, meet in the dental tower’s first floor lobby at 9:30 a.m.
- Dental Tailgate Party with Psi Omega near Century Tower. Start time is three hours before kickoff, TBD when the game time is announced
- UF Gators vs. Missouri Tigers Football Game at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Group Code: DF1016
Rate: $379 per night
Home 2 Suites by Hilton
2115 SW 13th Street
Gainesville Florida 32608
Must book by Sept. 14; Let them know you are with the College of Dentistry
Rate: $279 per night
Wyndam Garden Hotel (formerly Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites)
2900 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32608
Group Code: Dental Fall Weekend
Rate: $229 per night, continental breakfast included and complimentary shuttle service to campus