Students currently enrolled and in good standing at ADA accredited colleges of dentistry may be accepted as transfer students on a limited, space-available basis, depending upon the availability of resources and space in the specific dental class. Conditions making transfer possible are rare.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or have a permanent resident visa (green card).
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited dental school and be in good standing. Candidates must be in the upper 50% of their dental class.
- Candidates must be of high moral and ethical character.
- Preference will be given to residents of the state of Florida.
- Candidates must be prepared to take the National Dental Board Examinations with the class in which they enter.
- All transfer students must spend a minimum of two years (5 semesters) in residence at the University of Florida College of Dentistry. (fall, spring and summer semesters of the junior year; fall and spring semesters of the senior year.
Application Process & Materials Needed
- Visit the UF Admissions page to complete Part I of your formal application. Choose the Professional Schools option, complete the necessary forms, and pay the $30 application fee. Once you have submitted your payment, you will be given an 8-digit UFID.
- Complete the electronic Application for Transfer Part II and print it out. You will need your UFID to complete this form.
- Official DAT report.
- Official transcripts of all post high school academic course work, including dental school transcript.
- A written narrative expressing the circumstances prompting the request for transfer.
- A letter of recommendation from the dean of the dental school where the applicant is currently enrolled.
- Official documentation of current dental class ranking. Needs to include your current ranking and total number of dental students in your class.
- Mail the completed application to:Dr. Pamela Sandow, Assistant Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid
UF College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
PO Box 100445
Gainesville, FL 32610
Each candidate will be evaluated relative to his/her performance in the current dental program. Additional written and practical examinations may be required.
All candidates must be interviewed by members of the admissions committee, to include appropriate departmental representatives, in Gainesville, Florida.
The application deadline is 45 days prior to the beginning of the term the student plans to enroll. All documentation must be completed by that time.
Pre-dental college and DAT performance must meet or exceed the minimum standards of the entering class to which the transfer candidate is applying.
As a condition of acceptance and continued enrollment, entering students are required to complete a Deans’ Certification Form verifying their past educational disciplinary records. Entering students will also be required to complete a criminal background check.
Offers of admission are not considered final and enrollment is not permitted until completion of the Deans’ Certification Form and criminal background check, with results deemed favorable by UFCD.