Application Deadline & Procedures
The application deadline is December 1. Applications are considered as they are received from AADSAS. Late applications will not be considered.
International students: please note that to be eligible for admission you must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident (green card holder).
- File an application with the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS).
We recommend applying in the early summer (May–July). Read our tips on getting into dental school for more details.
Send the following information to AADSAS along with your application:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended (including transcripts from community colleges and dual enrollment courses)
- Three letters of evaluation or one letter of evaluation from the preprofessional committee at your school
- To view the status of your letters of evaluation submitted to AADSAS you need to (1) login to your AADSAS application, (2) select the “Status” option, and (3) select “evaluators” and review the date of receipt and the date each of your letters were mailed by AADSAS.
- Take the Dental Admission Test (DAT) early (we suggest you take it prior to August of the year you apply). Send the official scores to the University of Florida.
- When registering for the DAT, students should select the schools that are to receive their scores. The ADA will transmit scores to the appropriate school.
- ADEA AADSAS matches each applicant’s DENTPIN to DAT score reports and imports applicants’ scores into the ADEA AADSAS application. ADEA AADSAS will then distribute the official DAT scores to all schools designated in the ADEA AADSAS application.
- DAT registrants should not request that a DAT score report be sent to ADEA AADSAS by indicating AADSAS as an “other” recipient. (Students should use “other” only to request score reports for themselves or other organizations/institutions–those scores are transmitted in paper reports.)
- Applicants can review the Status section of their applications to see the date that DAT scores have been downloaded into their ADEA AADSAS applications. DAT scores are imported into ADEA AADSAS on a weekly basis. The first import of DAT scores will occur before the first distribution of applications to schools in late June.
- AADSAS will send your application to us within 6-8 weeks. To check on your application status, log on to your account with AADSAS.
- When we receive your application from AADSAS, it will be reviewed. Selected applicants will be contacted and invited to send a Supplemental Formal Application to the Office of Admissions.
- An interview is required for admission. Applicants who are invited to interview will be notified. Interviews are conducted throughout the fall and early winter.
- The admissions committee will review the applications and candidates selected for membership in the UFCD class entering in the fall will be notified beginning December 1 and continuing until the class is filled.
- Once you have been notified of your acceptance, you have a period of time to respond in writing to the college of your decision. Please notify us in writing (email is fine) of your decision by the deadline stated in your acceptance letter. This written notification along with a $200 deposit, reserves your place in the entering class.
As a condition of acceptance and continued enrollment, entering students are required to complete a Deans’ Certification Form verifying their past educational disciplinary records. Entering students will also be required to complete a criminal background check.
Offers of admission are not considered final and enrollment is not permitted until completion of the Deans’ Certification Form and criminal background check, with results deemed favorable by UFCD.