Prosthodontics: 36-month M.S. program with optional certificate
The University of Florida College of Dentistry offers two programs in Prosthodontics:
- A 36-month degree program leading to a Master of Science in Dental Sciences with specialization in Prosthodontics (Project in Lieu of Thesis option) is designed to satisfy the educational requirements of the American Board of Prosthodontics in fixed, removable, maxillofacial, and implant prosthodontics.
- A 36-month degree program leading to a Master of Science in Dental Sciences (Thesis option) with specialization in Prosthodontics and a Certificate in Prosthodontics
An interdisciplinary approach is used to facilitate the diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment of patients. A thorough didactic education is provided through related courses offered by the University of Florida and by seminars and electives.
Tuition for the 2011-2012 academic years was approximately $15,900 for Florida residents and $39,100 for non-Florida residents. In 2011-2012 stipends are $7,000 for year one and $12,000 for years two and three.
September 2nd is the deadline to apply to this program.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
You must apply to PASS by the deadline specified in the PASS materials to insure we receive your PASS application by our September 2nd deadline.
For an application and instructions, visit the PASS website or contact:
1400 K Street NW, Suite 1100B
Washington, DC 20035-2403
2. Apply directly to the University of Florida Graduate School
Complete the Online Graduate Application. Select the “Graduate” option; do not select “Professional”. Please mark “Masters” and “Summer B 2014″ as the term. The application requires a non-refundable $30 application fee.
Please send all of the following application material to:
Dr. Pamela Sandow, Assistant Dean of Admissions
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Prosthodontics
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- Original official undergraduate school transcripts sent from the institution
- Biographical Sketch
- National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UF. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
Application Status Updates
- Once the admissions office receives your application, you will be notified via email of any missing documentation throughout the application cycle, and up to the application deadline.
- Once the application deadline is reached and your application is complete, we will forward your file to the program director. Please contact the program director for future questions on the program selection process.
Fellowship and Internship Opportunities
Contact the Office of Continuing Education for more information about fellowships and internships.