Pediatric Dentistry-Naples: 25-month certificate program
This 25-month certificate program is designed to prepare dentists for the diverse specialty practice of pediatric dentistry and to qualify them for certification by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Didactic instruction and clinical training develop skills necessary to comprehensively care for the dental needs of both the normal child and the physically, mentally, and emotionally handicapped child. This program is highly competitive, receiving many applicants each year.
A stipend is available. No tuition is required.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must have graduated from an ADA accredited Dental School.
You must apply to PASS by the deadline specified in the PASS materials to insure we receive your PASS application by our October 1st deadline.
For an application and instructions, visit the PASS website or contact:
1400 K Street NW, Suite 1100B
Washington, DC 20035-2403
Additional documentation to forward to PASS:
- An Institutional (Dean’s) evaluation
- Personal essay
- Dental school transcripts
- Match Code
Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program
Applicants must also apply to the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program. Your participation in this service is mandatory. You must obtain the Applicant Agreement form and materials describing this program from:
2. Send the following materials to:
Dr. Pamela Sandow, Assistant Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Pediatrics
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UF. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
- Photo: Email your photograph to the admissions office. Send the file in JPEG format and make sure your photo is not smaller than 400 x 400 pixels and not larger than 1200 x 1200 pixels. Photos should show you from the shoulders up, directly facing the camera. See examples of correct and incorrect photos
Application Status Updates
- Once the admissions office receives your application, you will be notified via email of any missing documentation throughout the application cycle, and up to the application deadline.
- Once the application deadline is reached and your application is complete, we will forward your file to the program director. Please contact the program director for future questions on the program selection process.
Applying to Both Pedo Programs
Applicants who apply to Pediatric Dentistry programs in both Gainesville and Naples will be eligible for one interview invitation only. Invitations for interviews are offered at the discretion of the program director. Applicants applying to both programs will not be able to select the location at which they are interviewed.