Arthur Nimmo, D.D.S., F.A.C.P.
Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
Division of Prosthodontics
Phone: 352-273-5850 (department)
Phone: 352-273-6908 (direct)
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics, 1984
- Re-certification in 2004 and 2013
- Certificate, Residency in Prosthodontics, University of California at Los Angeles, 1983
- D.D.S., University of Maryland, 1983
- B.A., General Studies, State University of New York College at Oneonta, 1975
Dr. Nimmo is a professor in the Division of Prosthodontics in the Department of Restorative Dental Sciences at the University of Florida College of Dentistry. He is the director of the UFCD predoctoral implant dentistry program. Dr. Nimmo previously served as chair of the UFCD Department of Prosthodontics from 1999 to 2005 and from 2010 to 2011. Dr. Nimmo received his DDS degree from the University of Maryland in 1979 and completed specialty training in prosthodontics at the UCLA Center for the Health Sciences in 1983. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists.
Dr. Nimmo served as a consultant from 1995 to 2006 to the American Dental Association for the National Board Examination Part II for the Prosthodontics Test Construction Committee and Consultant Review Committee. He was the Commissioner representing the specialty of prosthodontics on the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation from 2001 to 2005. Dr. Nimmo served as President of the American College of Prosthodontists from 1999 to 2000 and received the ACP Distinguished Service Award in 2005. Dr. Nimmo was elected to serve a seven-year term as an examining member and director on the American Board of Prosthodontics in 2010.
- Professor and Chair
- Department of Prosthodontics
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
- Professor and Director, Division of Removable Prosthodontics
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Temple University School of Dentistry
- Fernandez MA, Paez de Mendoza CY, Platt JA, Levon JA, Hovijitra ST, Nimmo A. A comparative study of the accuracy between plastic and metal impression transfer copings for implant restorations. J Prosthodont 2013;22:367-376
- Nimmo SS, Nimmo A. Stabilized record base for implant treatment. J Prosthodont 2010;19:566-568
- Koutrach M, Nimmo A. Preservation of existing soft-tissue contours in the transition from a tooth to an implant restoration in the esthetic zone using a flapless approach: A clinical report. J Prosthodont 2010;19:391-396
- Malhaagh-Fard A, Nimmo A, Lepczyk J. Eleven-year report on a predoctoral implant dentistry program. J Prosthodont, 2008;17:64-68
- Nimmo A, Mitchell GS, Penfield RD, Hall A. Evaluation of dental students as instructors in preclinical prosthodontics and occlusion courses. J Prosthodont 2007;16:400-405
- Tupac RG, Gillis RE, Guichet GN, Jones RE, Marchack C, McGarry TJ, Nimmo A, Shipman B, Simon H, Smith C. Parameters of care for the specialty of prosthodontics. J Prosthodont 2005;14:2-103
- McGarry TJ, Nimmo A, Skiba JF, Ahlstrom RH, Smith CR, Koumjian JH,Guichet G. Classification system for the completely dentate patient. J Prosthodont 2004;13:73-82
- Malhaagh-Fard A, Nimmo A, Lepczyk J, Pink FE. Implant dentistry in predoctoral education: The elective approach. J Prosthodont 2002; 11:202-207
- McGarry TJ, Nimmo A, Skiba JF, Ahlstrom RH, Smith CR, Koumjian JH, Arbree NS. Classification system for partial edentulism. J Prosthodont 2002;11:181-193
- McGarry TJ, Nimmo A, Skiba JF, Ahlstrom RH, Smith CR, Koumjian JH. Classification system for complete edentulism. J Prosthodont 1999;8:27-39
- Nimmo A, Taylor TD. Survey of educationally qualified and board eligible prosthodontists on the board certification process. J Prosthodont 1998;7:180-186.
- Nimmo A, Woolsey GD, Arbree NS, Saporito RA, Cooney JP. Defining predoctoral prosthodontic curriculum: A workshop sponsored by the American College of Prosthodontists and the Prosthodontic Forum. J Prosthodont 1998;7:30-34.
- Maxson BB, Nimmo A. Quality assurance for the laboratory aspects of prosthodontic treatment. J Prosthodont 1997;6:204-209.
- Diaz-Arnold AM, Langenwalter EM, Andres CJ, Lloyd PM, Nimmo A, Cronin RJ Jr. The Institute of Medicine Study of Dental Education: Issues affecting prosthodontics. J Prosthodont 1996;5:133-141.
- Nimmo A, Knight GW. Patient-centered competency-based education in fixed prosthodontics. J Prosthodont 1996;5:122-128.