- M.S., Translation Biotechnology, expected graduation August 2014: University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Gainesville, Florida.
- B.Tech., Biotechnology, May 2012: St. Peters University, Chennai, India
Department of Periodontology, University of Florida
Mentor – Dr. Lakshmyya Kesavalu
Role of micro RNAs in Cardiovascular Diseases (August 2012 – Present)
- Small RNA isolation from human tissues
- RNA yield, purity & Integrity
- Validation of few significant miRNAs by qRT-PCR, and
- Target gene prediction by computational algorithm.
Mentor – Dr. Ceasar Stanislaus
In vitro Inhibition of Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Oxidation by two novel medicinal plants and a study on their antioxidant properties (December 2011 – April 2012)
- Antioxidant assays (DPPH Assay, Ferricthiocyanate method, Metal chelating activity, Hydroxyl Radical Scavenging activity, Phosphomolybdenum assay)
- LDL Isolation
- LDL oxidation by copper
- Thiobarbituric acid – Reactive Substances (TBA-RS) assay, and
- Qualitative and quantitative phytochemical analysis.
- Research Intern, Innovis, Sri Ramachandra Medical Center, Chennai, India (May 2012 – July 2012)Isolation of genomic and Plasmid DNA, Restriction digestion, Gel Electrophoresis, Gel Elution, Ligation, Competent Cell preparation, Transformation, and Maintenance of cell lines.
- Research Intern, Kerala Agricultural University, Kerala, India (October 2011)Plant Tissue Culture and Media Preparation, Micropropagation methods, Agrobacterium mediated transformation in plants, Agarose Gel Electrophoresis and Gel Documentation, Quantification of DNA by Spectrophotometry, Protein extraction and analysis by SDS PAGE, and Western blotting.
- Research Assistant – Armats Biotek Training and research institute, Chennai, India (May 2011)Extraction by using different solvent systems, Isolation and screening of bioactive metabolites, Thin layer chromatography, Bioassay on antimicrobial efficacy of metabolites, Determination of MIC, Determination of IC50 by using different dye assays, Autobiography, Qualitative phytochemical screening and Identification of bioactive compound from plant extract.
Flow Cytometer, Real Time PCR, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), High Performance – Thin layer Liquid Chromatography (HP-TLC), and DNA Sequencer.
Jan 2013-present: Univ. of Florida – Undergraduate student, Noranit Narapanya.
Tamil, Hindi, French.