Marc W. Heft, D.M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Claude D. Pepper Center
Professor and Program Director, CROHA
- D.M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1974
- Ph.D., American University, 1982
My research interests are in gerontology, sensory aging, geriatric dentistry (oral health in aging, see Website for the Florida Dental Care Study), and pain, more specifically, assessment of pain in humans.
- Peek, C.W., Gilbert, G.H., Duncan, R.P., Heft, M.W., and Henretta, J.C. Patterns of change in self-reported oral health among dentate adults. Medical Care, 37 (1999), 1237-1248.
- Riley, J.L., Gilbert, G.H., and Heft, M.W.Health care utilization by older adults in response to painful orofacial symptoms.Pain, 81 (1999), 67-75.
- Heft, M.W., Gilbert, G.H., Dolan, T.A., and Foerster, U. Restoration fractures, cusp fractures and root fragments in a diverse sample of adults: 24- month incidence. JADA,131 (2000), 1459-1464.
- Wise, E.A., Price, D.D., Heft, M.W., and Robinson, M.E.Gender role expectations of pain: Relationship to experimental pain perception.Submitted to Pain.
- Riley, J.L., Gilbert, G.H., and Heft, M.W.Racial disparities in health care use for orofacial pain among older adults. Submitted to Pain.
- Heft, M.W., Gilbert, G.H., Shelton, B.J., and Duncan, R.P.Relationship of dental status, SES and oral symptoms to perceived need for care. Submitted to J Dent Res.
- Riley, J.L., Gilbert, G.H., and Heft, M.W.Disparities in orofacial pain: Racial and sex differences among older adults.Submitted to Comm Dent Oral Epidemiol.
- Riley, J.L., Gilbert, G.H., and Heft, M.W.Socioeconomic and demographic inequalities in orofacial pain.Submitted to J Public Health Dent.
- Gilbert, G.H., Shah, G.R., Shelton, B.J., Heft, M.W., Bradford, E.H., and Chavers, L.S.Racial differences in predictors of dental care use and responsiveness to dental signs and symptoms.Submitted to HSR: Health Services Research.
- Alpaslan, C., Dolwick, M.F., and Heft, M.W.Five-year retrospective evaluation of temporomandibular joint arthrocentesis.In preparation.
- Duncan, R.P., Gilbert, G.H., Peek, C.W., and Heft, M.W.The dynamics of toothache pain and dental services utilization: 24-month incidence.Submitted toJ Public Health Dent
- Heft, M.W. and Green J.G.Mouth lesions in dermatology.In The Little Black Book of Dermatology, 2nd Edition.Edited by S.I. Lamberg, Blackwell Science, Boston, in press.
- Heft, M.W. and Mariotti, A.J.Geriatric pharmacology.InPharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry, 5th Edition.Edited by J.A. Yagiela, F.J. Dowd, and E.A. Neidle,Mosby, St. Louis, 2001, in press.
- Heft, M.W. and Mariotti, A.J.Geriatric pharmacology.In Dental Clinics of North America,Clinical Pharmacology Update.Edited by P.A. Moore and E.V. Hersh, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2002, in press.