Land Grant Mission
Health Affairs Endeavor
The UF Health Vision
UF Health Strategic Plan & Priorities
- a. Patient-care quality and safety
- b. Federal research funding
- c. Educational quality and diversity
- d. Community health, including reduction in health disparities
- e. Faculty recruitment and retention, including diversity
- f. Market share
- g. Financial margins
- Money magazine, Frommer’s and Forbes are just a few of the magazines that have named Gainesville the top city in the nation for livability.
- Alachua County has the youngest population in Florida, median age 23. Nearly half the population holds a bachelor’s degree.
- The county’s public schools are among the best in Florida; some rank among the best in the nation: four of the high schools are on Newsweek’s list of America’s Best High Schools, with Eastside in the top 20 nationally for its International Baccalaureate program for academic stand-outs who go on to the top colleges in the nation.
UF College of Dentistry Vision
UF College of Dentistry Mission
- To develop outstanding clinical,research and teaching professionals committed to lifelong learning.
- To provide and promote excellent patient care and community service.
- To discover, disseminate and apply knowledge in the oral health sciences.
- To foster an environment that promotes communication, cultural diversity, and internationalization and ensures further alignment of the College with the vision and mission of the University of Florida.
UF College of Dentistry Values
- Continuous Improvement
In those roles, the Dean has overall responsibilities for developing an effective collegial environment and plan that support excellence in patient care, teaching, research and service
- A track record of leadership in clinical care, education, research, and administration.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to listen and understand the needs of faculty, staff, and students; the ability to build strong relationships with internal constituents.
- Demonstrated success in enhancing and advancing patient care, education and research programs.
- Demonstrated success in securing private, corporate, or governmental support to advance the college’s missions.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading a complex organization undergoing change.Effective decision making skills
- Solid understanding of dentistry clinical practice, procedures and scheduling
How to Apply
Applications and letters of nominations should be submitted to:
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-4277 or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD). The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employee.