Faculty Assembly Steering Committee (Archived)
|Dr. Henrietta Logan||Chair (Full-time faculty elected by F/A)||2012|
|Dr. Shannon Holliday||Secretary (Full-time faculty elected by F/A—At Large)||2011|
|Dr. Emma Lewis||Full-time faculty elected by F/A—At Large||2013|
|Dr. Uma Nair||Full-time faculty elected by F/A—At Large||2011|
|Dr. David Culp||Full-time faculty elected by F/A—Professor||2013|
|Dr. Chiayi Shen||Full-time faculty elected by F/A—Associate Professor||2013|
|Dr. Lorena Baccaglini||Full-time faculty elected by F/A—Assistant Professor||2011|
|Dr. Teresa A. Dolan||Ex officio: Dean|
|Dr. Clay Walker||Ex officio: Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs|
|Ms. Mary Bennett||Support staff|
The committee consists of one full-time faculty member from each of the academic ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor, three full-time faculty at-large and a chairperson elected by the Faculty Assembly. The Dean and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs will be ex-officio members. The term of office of the Steering Committee members will be two years. No member will serve for successive terms unless elected Chairperson of the Assembly.
Standing Committee Charge
As stated in the Constitution and Bylaws, it is the responsibility of the committee to review issues presented by the members of the Faculty Assembly and refer them to the appropriate bodies for action. The committee will be responsible for maintaining and updating on an annual basis the Constitution and Bylaws.
Additional Charge from the Dean for 2010–2011
This year, I am again charging the Steering Committee with addressing the following:
- Ensure that college representatives to the Faculty Senate meet at least biannually to discuss relevant issues and frame college responses to important topics. Additionally, invite senators to periodically meet with the Steering Committee to promote open dialogue on campus-wide issues.
- Continue to work closely with UFCD senators, Dr. William McArthur in his role as Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and the shared governance workgroup to continuously improve the functioning and model of shared governance in the college. This includes monitoring faculty attendance at Faculty Assembly meetings.
- Ensure effective and efficient communication between the faculty committees and the faculty including prompt posting of minutes and dissemination of important documents to the full faculty.
- Complete an annual update of the Constitution & Bylaws by June, 2011 including any revisions to existing committee structure or committee responsibilities.
- Solicit annual reports from each of the standing faculty committees using the standard reporting format. Review the annual reports and make recommendations to me regarding changes to committees, their charges, their composition, etc.
- Ensure that all assembly meetings have an agenda that is current, important and informative for the UFCD faculty. Schedule an annual college update including a budgetary review at one of the 2010–2011 Faculty Assembly meetings.
- Promote the practice of shared governance and provide a forum for faculty participation in shared governance.
Individual Faculty Member Responsibilities
The Faculty Assembly Steering Committee meets every other month on the opposite months of the Faculty Assembly meeting. Meetings are held from 8:30–9:30 a.m.
Time commitment: Approximately 1 hour every other month.
Schedule of Meetings
The Faculty Assembly Steering Committee meetings begin at 8:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted.