|Full-time Professor elected by Faculty Assembly (Chair)||Dr. Scott Tomar||2015|
|Full-time faculty member at large (Vice Chair)||Dr. Wellington Rody||2016|
|Full-time Associate Professor elected by Faculty Assembly||Dr. Ozlem Yilmaz||2016|
|Full-time Assistant Professor elected by Faculty Assembly||Dr. Kathleen Neiva||2017|
|Full-time faculty member at large||Dr. Susan Nimmo||2015|
|Full-time faculty member at large||Ms. Lorie Primosch||2017|
|Ex officio: Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs||Dr. Clay Walker|
|Ex officio: Interim Dean||Dr. Boyd Robinson|
|Support staff||Ms. Sheila Altizer|
The term of office on this committee is three years with staggered terms. No member will serve for successive terms. The committee consists of one full-time faculty member from each of the academic ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor, and three full-time faculty members at-large. Chairpersons or administrators are not eligible to fill elected positions on this committee. The Dean and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs will be ex-officio members.
Standing Committee Charge
As stated in the College of Dentistry’s Constitution and Bylaws, it is the responsibility of this committee to monitor the governance of the college and to insure that the principals of shared governance are being followed. This committee monitors and assesses the functioning of all components of the colleges’ governance system and reports their findings with recommendations annually to the FAB. The committee is responsible for the review of the College’s Constitution and Bylaws annually for its utilization, applicability, and appropriateness to the progressive management of the college. The committee works in conjunction with the dean to review all the standing committees of the Faculty Assembly, specify their responsibilities, monitor their productivity and assess the rules and regulations governing their operations.
Additional duties of the Constitution Committee include the following:
- Develop qualified slates of candidates for elected positions in the leadership of the Faculty Assembly and for all standing committees of the Faculty Assembly.
- Monitor how well the College’s Constitution and By-laws serve the faculty and the College.
- At the direction of the Dean, to nominate candidates for specific awards, honors, or recognition.
Additional Charge from the Dean for 2013–2014
In addition, for the upcoming year, I am asking the Constitution Committee to:
- Develop guidelines regarding the number of committees on which junior faculty at the rank of assistant professor should serve.
- Develop a method for handling the nominations of a junior faculty member to insure that any individual does serve on more than the recommended number of committees.
- Establish and publish a listing of committee meetings for the 2012-13 academic year.
- To examine the composition of all standing committees and determine if vacancies exist which are to be filled by election by the Faculty Assembly. If a vacancy or vacancies exist, the committee is charged with developing a qualified slate of candidates to fill such vacancies.
- Determine if any changes or modifications are needed in either the Constitution and/or the By-Laws and bring suggestions for such changes to the Faculty Advisory Board.
- Determine, for those committees that specify that certain committee positions be filled by an individual of a specific academic rank, e.g. either clinical or tenure track assistant or associate professor, if one of the individuals is promoted to the next rank, should that person be replaced on the committee or allowed to serve out the elected or appointed term.
This year, each standing faculty committee will be charged with reviewing relevant outcome measures from the new college strategic plan. The measures which should be reviewed by the Constitution Committee include:
- Functionality of each standing committee under the College’s Constitution and by-laws.
- Provide an assessment of each aspect of the College of Dentistry shared governance model highlighting both strengths and weaknesses
- Review of the College’s Constitution and Bylaws for its utilization, applicability, and appropriateness to the progressive management of the college
The committee should evaluate performance on these measures and when appropriate, action plans for improvement should be instituted using the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle. The PDCA is the college’s model for outcomes assessment and evaluation.
Schedule of Meetings
The Constitution Committee meets from 8:00-9:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
|June 17, 2014||D4-16||Meeting canceled|
|May 20, 2014||D4-16||View||View||N/A|
|April 15, 2014||D4-16||Meeting canceled|
|March 11, 2014||D4-16||Meeting canceled|
|February 18, 2014||D4-16||View||View||N/A|
|January 21, 2014||D4-16||View||View||N/A|
|December 17, 2013||D4-16||Meeting canceled|
|November 12, 2013||D4-16||View||View||N/A|
|October 15, 2013||D5-10||View||View||View|
|September 17, 2013||D4-16||View||View||N/A|
|August 13, 2013||D4-16||View||View||N/A|
|July 9, 2013
|June 25, 2013||1329 Bldg., Room 4223||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|May 28, 2013
|April 23, 2013||1329 Bldg., Room 4223||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|March 26, 2013||D4-16||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|February 26, 2013||1329 Bldg., Room 4223||View||N/A||N/A|
|January 22, 2013||D5-10||View||View||N/A|
|December 24, 2012||D5-10||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|November 26, 2012||1329 Bldg., Room 4223||View||View||N/A|
|October 22, 2012||D5-10||N/A||View||View|
|September 25, 2012||D5-10||View||View||N/A|
|August 27, 2012||D5-10||N/A||View||View|
|July 27, 2012||D11-11||N/A||N/A||N/A|