VPN Connection Instructions
To access the college intranet, SharePoint site, ECO and other information, you will need to connect to the Academic Health Center VPN.
To connect to the VPN for the first time:
- Desktop/laptop users: visit vpn.health.ufl.edu and enter your Gatorlink credentials. This will take you to a page where you can download the VPN client software. Click “Download” to install it. Before installing the VPN client software, the site may first install Java on your machine. Once you have Java, you may need to restart the installation process.Note: You may get a popup security warning that the application’s digital signature has an error. Click “Run” to run the application.
- Desktop/laptop users who encounter problems with the automatic installer: follow the self-help link at vpn.health.ufl.edu. Scroll to the “VPN Client Direct Download” section and choose the appropriate download for your platform. Note: Most Mac users should use the Intel i386 installer.
- Android users: download the AnyConnect VPN client from the Android store.
- Open the app and select Add New VPN Connection.
- Server address: vpn.health.ufl.edu
- Enable “Connect with IPsec” in Advanced Preferences
- Enter your GatorLink credentials to connect to the HSC VPN.
- iPhone and iPad users: follow the self-help link at vpn.health.ufl.edu. Scroll to the “Other OS Version Helpful Documentation” section and follow the Apple link for instructions.
To connect to the VPN subsequently:
- Run the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client/app.
- Make sure the “Connect to:” field reads “UF HSC VPN” or “vpn.health.ufl.edu”.
- Enter your GatorLink username and password and click Connect.