Seven College of Dentistry Faculty Promoted
Congratulations to the College of Dentistry faculty members whose promotions were recently approved by UF President Machen and are effective on July 1, 2008.
We are especially honored that Ann Progulske-Fox, PhD, Oral Biology Department, was promoted to distinguished professor. The awarding of this title recognizes her as one of the universitys most outstanding and dedicated faculty members, and the overall excellence of her academic record. The promotion makes Progulske-Fox one of only four distinguished female professors currently serving at the University of Florida and we are fortunate to have her on our faculty, educating our students and representing our college.
The following faculty members were promoted to the rank of professor:
- Dr. Robert Caudle, PhD, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Diagnostic Sciences
- Dr. Valeria Gordan, DDS, MS, Operative Dentistry
- Dr. Carol Stewart, DDS, MS, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Diagnostic Sciences
- Dr. Pamela Sandow, DMD, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Diagnostic Sciences, was promoted to the rank of clinical professor.
- Dr. Myriam Belanger, PhD, MS, Oral Biology, was promoted to the rank of research associate professor.
- Lorie Primosch, MEd, Periodontology, was promoted to associate in dentistry.
“For all of these faculty members, their promotions are evidence of their hard work and dedication to their academic career development. Their individual success enriches all of us at the college and at the university,” said William McArthur, associate dean for faculty affairs.
Congratulations again, and thank you!